Hi... I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I have a wide range of symptoms...And I have been to so many doctors. I don't know what else to do. I apologize for the lengthy post and bizarre myriad of symptoms.
This really started about one year ago. Prior to that, I have had strange pains and extreme fatigue since about 2002.
I am a 25yo female. Last March, while my infant son was in a local children's hospital I cam down with some kind of "bug." This started as an URI. Sinuses, etc.... During my son's hospital stay, my hands broke out in some kind of rash. Although...Not raised, it was under the skin. After a month it went away. (Dr said excema, but I don't think so)
I had the sinus thing for a month, it then moved into the lungs. Prescribed Keflex...Didn't work. Went to ER, prescribed steroids and a Z pack. The Z pack didn't work. The ER dr gave me an insane dose of steroids...60 mg of Prednisone that didn't taper off. My regular dr couldn't believe it, and had to taper me off in a weeks time with some horrible side effects to boot.
Moving on... Since then, I have had problems EVERYWHERE!
* Aches and pains...Severe. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago, but don't think this is it. Stabbing pain that radiates from my rib cage to the center of my mid back. Gallbladder removed in 2000
* Dizziness...So bad the earth shakes if I so much as shake my head too fast. (Went to neurologist in summer, said I was fine)
* Chest pains...Every single day. Squeezing pains. Echo and stress test revealed a slight MVP...EKG showed an abnormal rythm, but I was told it was common, and there was nothing to do about it.
*My stomach...is wasted. Blood in stool on occasion combined with all the symptoms of IBS. Colonoscopy in September...It was fine.
* Micro hematuria.... For months...Went to Urologist, cystoscopy showed nothing. CT scan of kidneys showed nothing. However, after a CT AND ultrasound of kidneys looking fine, I have had flank pain for at least 6 months. The micro hematuria went away, and is now back.
* Chronic sinus infections. Chronic UTI infections. I have been on so many antibiotics, it is sick. 16 antibiotics since this started a year ago.
* Fatigue...To the point I am unable to function. With or without activity, I feel sometimes as if I am going to fall over.
* Low grade fevers. For about a year now. I know that a "real" temp is hard to be defined...However, almost daily my temp will go up to about 99.9- Dr attributed this to infections, but for a year? I think he's full of it.
* My eyes are dry. Sometimes it's hard to see. Eye doctor said...Dry eye syndrome, lol.
* Weakness. Like I don't have any strength. Short of breath.
*Not to brag, but there was a time when I had beautiful skin. Now...my cheeks are red, and my skin is absolutely pasty and pale...No matter what products I use.
I have been tested for Lupus, had several CBC's, colonoscopy, women's work up, echo and stress test, cystoscopy, chest x rays, kidney and abdominal ct without dye, and kidney ultrasound.
Any ideas? This is horrible. The fevers are scaring me to death, and I feel like I am dieing!