Hi! I am new to the site and really glad I found it. I will try to give a condensed version, but my health has deterioriated to the point that I do not know if it is possible. I am a 37yo female. I smoked for about 10 yrs and quit about 4 yrs ago. I have been relatively healthy until 2 1/2 yrs ago. I was diagnosed with new onset asthma when I was 20 weeks pregnant. Icoughed so much and hard that I cracked a rib.
I was hospitalized 3 times during pregnancy for uncontrolled asthma. The last admission ended in a stat c-section b/c they could not get my o2 sats out of the 80's, and the baby was getting in trouble. She was born and is fine. I was tols that after she was born that the asthma would probably go away. Well, it hasn't. I am on numerous meds, nebulizers, and inhalers. I continue to cough and wheeze every day. Many times I cough til I throw up. I have been hospitalized 4 times since having my daughter...all due to uncontrolled asthma. The last 2 admissions were in March of this year. I quit breathing in the ER on my last visit, was intubated, and in ICU on the vent. I also have other symptoms as follows:
1) GERD - contributing to asthma. having surgery next month to correct the GERD.
2) Allergies to many things mostly molds. I was tested 10 yrs ago and did not have many allergies. The allergies also could be contributing to the severity of asthma.
3) joint pain and swelling in hands and feet. Hands are really stiff in am. seem to drop things a lot and notice a definate weakness in my hands.
4) tired all the time...feel weak
5) chronic sinusitis.
6) I just never feel good.
7) don't sleep well
8) Bruise very easy (could be the prednisone)
9) This is my newest symptom. I am very hot natured. I have excessive sweating (nothing new). For the last year, I have had some circulation problems in arms and legs. It started back of arms red and getting purple when cold. Progressed to now it affects back of arms above and below elbow, thighs(mostly inner), knees, and the inner part of lower legs. I will just all of the sudden get cold, which in unheard of. When this happens, the areas I described turn purple and almost a brown color in areas. I can push on them with my fingers and the color does not come back for 9-10 seconds. It is really scary. The last few days, I have noticed it on my buttocks and a little on my flanks, so it seems to be getting worse.
Chest CT - neg CXR - Neg(except for asthma) Bloodwork ok except for very high WBC's (contributed to sinuses). Had a bronchoscopy this week and will have results Monday. Sorry this is so long. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?