Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Please help, I'm worried about my friend!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 4, 2007
  • 11:58 PM

I really want to help my best friend. I know something is wrong with her. A while ago she told me that sometimes she sees random body parts(ex. a leg or torso) that looks burned and disgusting. She'll see them at random times and they'll stay for a while and the go away. She has to concentrate on making them go away.

I thought it was strange but I didn't really think anything about it. It was about 2 years ago when she told me. But yesterday she told me something really strange that made me think I should probably look into it.

This incident happened a few days ago. She was at home doing her homework. Her mom was on the couch watching tv next to her. Her step father had not come home yet. She heard foot steps above her( they were in the basement). Her mom says "oh, Chuck is home." My friend then hears her step father open the basement door and yell down "I'm home." Her mom replied and said "There's food in the refrigerator."

After that my friend goes upstairs and doesn't see her step father. She calls for him, goes upstairs but he's not anywhere. His car isn't there--nothing. She went back into the basement and asked her mom where he went. Her mom had no clue what she was talking about. Her mom said that Chuck hadn't gotten home ye and that she never spoke a word of what my friend heard. Apparently she imagined it all.

okay, so there's got to be something up and I want to help her. So please, if you have any idea of what could be going please tell me.

thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Either she has schizophrenia or she is dissociating. Either way she needs to see a doctor as soon as possible to determine what's going on with her.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 5, 2007
    • 09:30 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • No, I think she may be having eye problems. She should see an eye doctor (opthalmologist) and determine if her retina is detaching or something like that...it could also be stoke-like so she needs to tell mom she needs to get to a doctor pdq...
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • November 6, 2007
    • 00:44 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.