Hello all. First, thanks for taking the time to read and help me.
I'll try and be as brief as possible. My name is Jamie. I'm a 38y white male. Never used drugs, non smoker and hardly any alcohol consumption. I am what you would call, or was called a gym rat. I loved working out and eating healthy. That all changed about 4 months ago. I'll explain.
The first sign of having any medical problems (that I noticed anyhow) was about 2 years ago. I was having pain in my left eye. Would also have occasional headaches. I also developed severe heartburn (possible acid refulx). About a year ago, while working out in the gym I felt this pain in my left shoulder. I thought I may of lifted the weight wrong so didn't think anything about it. This pain has not gone away.
4 months ago is when I started having serious problems. I'll list all of my symptoms below.
- Muscle weakness in arms/legs.
- Pain in left shoulder and left knee.
- Moderate/severe muscle weakness/soreness after brief workout. (10 minutes)
- Muscle contractions/spasms (mainly in arms/legs but throughout body)
- Severe heartburn (possible acid reflux)
- Speech problems (slurring/stuttering) This I've had since in my mid twenties, but didn't think anything of it at the time it started happening.
- Brief memory loss/forgetfullness.
- Slight depression
- Severe stress (mostly due to mother's illness/death)
- Brief emotional mood swings
- Sensitive to bright light
- Slight sexual problems (enable to keep an erection for a long period)
- Tingling sensation when sitting/laying in same position for a brief time. (Not for a long period of time that a normal person gets when a arm/leg falls asleep)
- Waking up to numbness in hands
- Occasional blue lips (noticed this in the past 6 months)
- Heart palpitations or what seemed to be related to the heart. (experienced this yesterday)
These are the tests I've done so far.
- Ctscan of the brain - normal
- Blood work - normal (thyroid/muscle enzyms). All vitamin/mineral levels that they check with blood work are normal. All blood work related to the heart or heart disease are normal.
- ekg - normal
- Chest xray normal
- Blood oxygen levels - normal
- White/red cell count - normal
- Tests done for heart/liver/kidney/brain - all are working fine
I have no family history of any major medical problems.
If anyone out there can help me with these symptoms or know what it could possibly be I would be greatly appreciated. This, and my mother's illness/death has impacted my life dramatically in the past 4 months.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?