Hello all. First, thanks for taking the time to read and help me.
I'll try and be as brief as possible. My name is Jamie. I'm a 38y white male. Never used drugs, non smoker and hardly any alcohol consumption. I am what you would call, or was called a gym rat. I loved working out and eating healthy. That all changed about 4 months ago. I'll explain.
The first sign of having any medical problems (that I noticed anyhow) was about 2 years ago. I was having pain in my left eye. Would also have occasional headaches. I also developed severe heartburn (possible acid refulx). About a year ago, while working out in the gym I felt this pain in my left shoulder. I thought I may of lifted the weight wrong so didn't think anything about it. This pain has not gone away.
4 months ago is when I started having serious problems. I'll list all of my symptoms below.
- Muscle weakness in arms/legs.
- Pain in left shoulder and left knee.
- Moderate/severe muscle weakness/soreness after brief workout. (10 minutes)
- Muscle contractions/spasms (mainly in arms/legs but throughout body)
- Severe heartburn (possible acid reflux)
- Speech problems (slurring/stuttering) This I've had since in my mid twenties, but didn't think anything of it at the time it started happening.
- Brief memory loss/forgetfullness.
- Slight depression
- Severe stress (mostly due to mother's illness/death)
- Brief emotional mood swings
- Sensitive to bright light
- Slight sexual problems (enable to keep an erection for a long period)
- Tingling sensation when sitting/laying in same position for a brief time. (Not for a long period of time that a normal person gets when a arm/leg falls asleep)
- Waking up to numbness in hands
- Occasional blue lips (noticed this in the past 6 months)
- Heart palpitations or what seemed to be related to the heart. (experienced this yesterday)
These are the tests I've done so far.
- Ctscan of the brain - normal
- Blood work - normal (thyroid/muscle enzyms). All vitamin/mineral levels that they check with blood work are normal. All blood work related to the heart or heart disease are normal.
- ekg - normal
- Chest xray normal
- Blood oxygen levels - normal
- White/red cell count - normal
- Tests done for heart/liver/kidney/brain - all are working fine
I have no family history of any major medical problems.
If anyone out there can help me with these symptoms or know what it could possibly be I would be greatly appreciated. This, and my mother's illness/death has impacted my life dramatically in the past 4 months.