Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Please help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: chriswilson
  • June 3, 2008
  • 09:35 PM

I experience mild bone pain/tenderness in my skull followed by a softening of the bone. This creates flat areas/indentions and has gradually created deformity.

I had an MRI scan done and the Doctor told me it came out normal, much to my surprise. Doctors have told me maybe it's an ' anatomical deviation'. This is not so as it has continued to progress. I went to a neurologist and he prescribed me mucsle relaxers for the pain. That was no help at all and I was not directed anywhere to go to get help, like a bone disease specialist,etc. I went to a bone clinic to request a bone scan, they said a neurologist would have to refer me to get a cranial bone scan, as they did not do that there. I feel like I am not being taken seriously and I have long been at a loss as to what to do. This is something real I am still experiencing and the problem is not going away on it's own. This has caused me much distress.

I need help,advice,direction. Please help!
Thank you very much.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?