Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

pleas help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: will99
  • October 27, 2007
  • 01:51 PM

Hi I've never really talked about this before but i have come accross forum for bulging eyes & am wondering can anyone give me advice. my eyes bulge out of my head since birth, i'm not talking about hanging out my a thread but my eyeballs are out of socket & i can feel top & bottom of my eyes. its not that noticeable from a distance but up close it is ,quite honestly its just humiliating & i have no confidence as everytime i talk to someone all i can think of is that they are looking at me and thinking "oh my god look at his eyes". is there any surgery or anything that can fix this, any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Yes there is surgery. I don't know how old you are. You need to see an ophthalmologist to determine if you are a candidate. It does sound like a birth condition, but you need to get your thyroid checked. If it isn't working correctly it can cause bulging eyes.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • October 28, 2007
    • 07:53 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • sounds like thyroid eye disease to me i had it for a couple of years and thyroid meds helped - that and nature taking it's course, others I know had to have a small op and it sounds as if you might you really need to see your doctor. As for people staring in a rude way yes i had that too, wear large sunglasses all the time when you're out - or in shops if it makes you feel better that's all that counts :) I did even in the supermarket! so what it's no big deal people get all sorts of eye problems and do the same. Do what helps YOU feel better about yourself but see that dr
    jbell43 3 Replies
    • October 29, 2007
    • 06:51 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.