Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Penis Atrophy

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Robert99
  • January 22, 2007
  • 00:57 AM

I just turned 59 and a month or so ago I noticed the left side of my penis was beginning to atrophy. It is not like Peyronies.

It has continued to get worse and is more noticeable with an erection. There is no pain.

What could it be?


Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Get a copy of the letter from the Urologist claiming it's your right; after you have a copy of that letter in your hand, give this http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119198890/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3077311to your doctor, stating "I hope Dr. has good malpractive insurance." Tell your GP that you plan to see a lawyer if she/he does not refer you to a second urologist. Next, take that letter and send it to your state medical board for discipline action against that doctor. Last, find a new primary care doctor. In the meantime, I saw one doctor state that the condition may resolve itself with an anti-inflammatory after a few weeks.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • December 2, 2008
    • 00:36 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Dear "Monsterlove'':Do you have to work at being a smartass or does it come naturally?:cool:
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • December 31, 2008
    • 03:56 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?