Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Painful erections, no other symptoms

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 2, 2007
  • 03:13 PM

I'm a 21 year old male who, about 8 months ago, started experiencing pain when I got an erection. It seemed to start overnight with no obvious cause. The more harder my penis gets, the more sensitive it is to squeeze or bend. If I masturbate or have sex, my erect penis hurts only for the first 2 or 3 minutes that it is erect, and then becomes almost unnoticable, until ejaculation when the pain becomes obvious again, though not to the point that I'm not willing to have sex.

This is a problem during foreplay when I do experience pain, as well as when I wake up at night with an erect penis that is giving me a bit of pain. When I asked a doctor about my problem, her response was: "*shrug* I don't know what it could be. If it's not getting any worse, and it's not having a big effect on you, then we may as well just wait it out to see if it goes away."

It certainly hasn't gotten any better or worse over the 8 months I've been experiencing it, but I don't want to be experiencing pain during foreplay for the rest of my life, so I'd love to get some ideas about what is going on. I know it's not an STD, and the only other unusual thing about my genitals are some small bumps I've had for years that are completely characterized by sebaceous prominence (a simple skin condition).

If anybody could point me in the right direction, or at least suggest what I do to get a professional diagnosis (the doctors don't seem to want to give attention to a problem that only threatens my sex life and not my health), I'd be grateful.


Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

  • Bumping this one up. Anybody have ideas?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Can you be more specific about the pain? Is it an ache? Which part of your penis is painful?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You might want to start off by seeing a male doctor- they would probably be better able to answer questions about the penis. A uriologist might also be able to help.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It feels sort of like an ache, I guess. Certainly not a burning or anything. It seems like the pressure that the extra blood exerts on the muslces? of my penis is giving me the pain, though it's certainly not filling with more blood than it used to. My guess was that I had rolled over in my sleep and damaged some tissues, because that's the type of pain it feels like. However, if it were tissue damage, I thought the pain would be long gone (and so did the Dr. last time I saw one).
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It might be a varicocele - a sort of varicose vein of the testicle. These things are very common. It sounds like it is blood pressure related, so it points in this direction. You can sometimes feel them but you are probably better off getting a doctor to have a rummage around. They can be detected by ultrasound also.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Varicocoele wouldn't give you penile pain. Does your penis bend or twist at all, especially more than usual. Peyrones disease is a condition characterised by painful erections.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Unregistered is wrong and a varicocele can cause penile pain - usually displaced.Unregistered means Pyronies's Disease and perhaps it is worth checking this out since you have mentioned penile lumps. That said it is a rare condition and usually affects those in middle age. So it is unlikely.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey I to seem to be having the same sort of problem , Paulmesss dicripscription is what and how my penis feels word for word same times same feeling its mostly mid way of penis where pain is also hurts to bend penis while its erect . hope some one might have answers has been going on for several months . thanks SAME HERE
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 7, 2007
    • 02:46 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • im having the same problem word for word also. im 27 and can say that it definitly feels like the muscle running from mid penis all the way down to inside my body is sore and aches when erected.. flacid i hav no problems .. but also started almost over night. No idea why and nobody can tell me what. Please any ideas please repost. Thanx.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.