Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Pain in/around testicles and slight burning on penis tip!! HELP!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: worriedallways
  • January 9, 2008
  • 00:21 AM

Last March, I started developing pain(like someone pinching my balls) in my testicles and also stinging and slight burning on the tip of my penis. I had sex end of last february but it was well protected(even oral). I also got jock itch in March so i'm thinking that this pain could be because of the jock itch that i had? Jock itch has been cleared since late April of last year. I got tested for all possible STDs and HIV possible multiple times but no doctor has an answer to this pain in my testicles.

The pain comes and goes for a week each. its very mild but very discomforting. However, last end of September, the pain went away completely and i was releived. On January 1st 2008, i had unprotected sex with a friend for a minute before i called it quits. I know shes clean but there is always a chance. I started getting same pain as last year day after i had sex. Since i know i had this pain before and it was JUST a day after sex, it couldnt be anything i got from her. Now, i'm getting depressed and worried about what it really is. I thought it had gone away but apparantly it didn't. Can anyone help me figure out what this could be? UTI? YEAST? FUNGAL? BACTERIAL? VIRAL? HPV?

There is absolutely no physical change in my groins. I feel it more when i'm sitting down. I just dont understand why the pain would come back right after sex. That should be a key factor to figure out whats wrong here... any help please????? thanks :mad:

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

  • Herpes certainly looks like jock itch. ...3-10 days after exposure, which sounds like when it came in for you. Did you have blood work for herpes 2? I think you need it. A condom doesn't afford much protection when herpes may be on a female's thigh or buttocks...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 9, 2008
    • 09:34 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Testicle painDefinition Testicle pain is discomfort in one or both testicles. The pain sometimes radiates to the lower abdomen. Alternative Names Pain - testicle(s) Considerations The testicles sit inside the scrotum. Theyare very sensitive. Even a minor injury can cause pain or discomfort to the testicles.Sudden, severe testicle pain, however,requires immediate medical care.If a young man has abdominal pain, the scrotum should always be carefully examined. Abdominal pain may occur before testicle pain in some conditions, including testicular torsion. This is a twisting of the testicles that can cut off the blood supply and cause tissue to die. Testicular torsion is an emergency that needs to betreated within hours.Testicular cancer is usually painless. But any testicle lump should be evaluated by your doctor, whether or not there is pain.Causes Common causes of testicle pain include:InjuryInfection or inflammationTesticular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years oldPossible infections include:Epididymitis -- inflammation of the ducts through which sperm leaves the testicle. This is often caused by bacteria like chlamydia, a sexually transmitted disease.Orchitis -- inflammation of one or both testicles, which may be caused by bacteria or a virus like mumps. Orchitis can occur at the same time as epididymitis or prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland).Fluid in the testicles often causes painless swelling, but may cause mild discomfort. There are several main types of fluid collection:Varicocele -- enlarged veins in the scrotum that carry blood away from the testicles.Spermatocele -- fluid in the epididymis that forms a cyst and often contains dead sperm cells.Hydrocele -- fluid in the area inside the scrotum, surrounding the testicle; common in newborns.Pain may also be caused by a hernia or an unrelieved erection.Home Care Some causes of testicle pain, including testicular torsion, can lead to infertility if not treated promptly. Infections also should be examined and treated right away. If the infection is caused by bacteria, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic.For non-urgent causes of testicle pain such as minor injuries and fluid collection, the following home care steps may reduce discomfort and swelling. These steps will also help if you have an infection.Provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter.Apply ice to the scrotum.Take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation.While lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum.Try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. DO NOT give aspirin to children.When to Contact a Medical Professional Call your doctor immediately or go to an emergency room if:Your pain is severe or suddenYou have had an injury or trauma to the scrotum, and you still have pain or swelling after one hourYour pain is accompanied by nausea or vomitingAlso call your doctor right away if:You feel a lump in the scrotumYou have a feverYour scrotum is warm, tender to the touch, or redYou have been in contact with someone who has the mumpsWhat to Expect at Your Office Visit Your doctor will perform a physical examination with a focus on the groin, testicles, and abdomen. To help diagnose the cause of the pain, your doctor will ask medical history questions such as:How long have you had testicular pain?Is the pain in one testicle or both?Exactly where does it hurt?Did the pain begin suddenly or come on gradually?Is the pain constant or intermittent?How severe is the pain?Is the pain getting worse or better?Does the pain extend into your abdomen or back?Have you had any recent injuries or infections?Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?What makes the pain worse?Does anything help relieve the pain?Do you have any other symptoms like swelling, redness, change in the color of your urine, fever, or unintentional weight loss?The following diagnostic tests may be performed:Ultrasound of the testiclesUrinalysis and urine culturesExamination of prostate secretionsTreatment may include:Untwisting of the testicle (performed by an experienced doctor)Simple surgery to fix testicular torsion (if untwisting is unsuccessful)Antibiotics for infectionsPain medications to relieve discomfortSurgical drainage or removal of an abscess (rare)Surgery for a varicocele, a hydrocele, or spermatocele, particularly if the varicocele is contributing to infertilityPrevention Prevent injury by wearing an athletic supporter during physical activity, especially contact sports.Prevent sexually transmitted diseases by wearing condoms and following other safe sex procedures.Perform testicular self-exams monthly if you are at risk of testicular cancer. See testicular self exam.Make sure that children have received the MMR vaccine (a combination vaccine for mumps, measles, and rubella).If you are diagnosed with chlamydia or another STD, all sexual partners should be notified, examined, and treated if infected
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • January 9, 2008
    • 10:45 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • be sure to always site your sources ...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 10, 2008
    • 07:09 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • So, i went to urologist and he right away told me i have Varicoceles. I got ultrasound today and thats what it sounds like. This is a big relief by knowing what i actually have. Thanks for everyone's response!! I'm still waiting on a follow up so i know the treatment and to see if i contracted any STDs. I have a feeling its not an infection of any kind. BTW, i did get tested for herpes 2 and it was negative. There is a lesson to be learned here, always goto a specialist... general practitioners dont know anything specific. It will cause you less headaches and visits if you goto the appropriate specialist. I know there are lot of people with my symptoms that have not been diagnosed properly.... don't rule out varicoceles and other testicle pain causes... good luck!! :)
    worriedallways 1 Replies
    • January 11, 2008
    • 11:37 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • my boyfriend & i haven't been having sex lately, after a couple of months, we finally did it. after we were done, he said that his penis was raw & hurts due to masturbation? i then took a look & indeed it was raw? can that be a cause of that? or something else? the redness is near the top of his penis.if anyone might have an idea, can u pls. let me know? i just want to be safe & know what i need to do.thanks, emeraldphp
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 4, 2010
    • 09:27 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • My story ia exactly the same and the course of treatment no different. Six different antibiotics back to back and then referred to a psychologist because it was surely in my head. after months of treatment I ran into an article about pelvis floor disfunction on how a contracted muscle (probably from a rough encounter and stress) could be guilty. Sure enough, after three weeks of therapy all went away. I had a muscle in spasm which was pinching the pudendal
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • December 15, 2014
    • 05:35 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?