Our grandson is almost 2 years old and still the size of a 5 month old infant. He has continuing tests since his birth, which all have come back negative.
On two different occasions, he had what I refer to as slight strokes and he did not lose consciousness, however, his recovered the first time was within a few hours and the second time took most of the day before his motor skills returned, so we ruled out stroke because of this factor. We associated these occurrences with eating Gerber's tapioca pudding and removed it from his food list.
I was present at the time of his birth. He was born on time, weight over 8 pounds. However, during birth, he became lodged in pelvic and nurse had to jump on our daughter to dislodge. He was completely dark purple and black bruising on face, as well as dark purple hands and feet. He broke his collarbone as well. He began to not want to eat and lose weight. He had very low white cell count and infections starting at 3-4 weeks of age until he was 8 months, then his white cell count turned to normal. There was also toxic fluid during birth, as the doctor tried to remove it before he ingested it.
Doctor placed him on jar food early to try to promote weight-gain. It did however, very minimum, as he has only gained 5 pounds in the last 6 months. He is finally starting to try words but has to be reminded if not used often and they are single words at a time, with minimum vocabulary.
Doctors now say that his brain is not growing. He was tested for dwarfism and his pituitary gland came back negative for deficiencies.
I have always wondered if he ingested the toxic fluid and has problems taking in the nutrients needed for growth because the amount consumed never equaled his weight gain logically.
Kidney disease also runs in family, my mother, myself, and our daughter (his mother) showing early signs. Could this influence his problem where the body cannot release toxins or filter out and create these symptoms. Our daughter said his kidneys were checked at a few months old but the new symptoms developed afterward.
Please, if anyone has went through this, know of someone who has, or has any suggestions, let me know as soon as possible. We could use some advise on where to look for diagnose and treatment. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you will respond.