Starting 2 months ago:
- Pain in forearms/wrists, like repetitive stress injury (carpal tunnel or others), this continues but more mild than at first
Starting a month ago:
- Muscle twitching at random places on my body, occurring maybe twice an hour, this continues to this day
- Numbness/tingling in one arm or the other or both (changed arms day-to-day), this only lasted about a week
- Numbness/tingling in left foot and lower leg, worse for about a week, but continues to this day as more mild and not really tingly but what I would describe as heaviness in the leg/foot; occasionally I get a burning sensation in the calf for a while after exertion (running), but this happens rarely
Two weeks ago:
- Throat felt slightly constricted when breathing and swallowing and somewhat achey (mild goiter?), this lasted 24 hours and has not happened since
Starting a week ago:
- Frequent headache behind the eyes, happened mostly during a 3 day period
- Pain in left eye, usually only when looking very far in a given direction but sometimes throbs painfully a bit at different times without doing this
- Seemingly constant twitching of left eyelid (several times an hour), happening on its own mostly, also always happens when intentionally blinking the eye or rubbing it
- Possible increase in eye "floaters" (didn't really count them before now)
- Normal MRIs of brain, cervical spine, and thoracic spine
- Normal EMG tests on arms and back of neck
- 2 negative Lyme ELISA tests
- Normal fasting glucose
- 3 high TSH levels (spaced a week or two apart, most recent 2 weeks ago, steadily decreasing to almost normal)
- 1 normal (but high normal) T4, 2 weeks ago, TSH still slightly high at this point
- 2 high calcium levels and more recently a (high) normal one (taken the same times as TSH)
Despite my limbs having a "fallen asleep" numbness and tingling a month ago they never really lost skin sensation. They were mostly tingly feeling and maybe slightly numb, hard to tell.
In each of my many examinations by different doctors (GP, neuro, endo) for coordination, strength, sensation, foot drop, etc. everything seemed normal.
I don't really have any joint pain, only an occasional neck ache or headache, and have not had a fever (I've taken my temperature many times, mostly when symptoms flare up, but it's always around normal).
I had a normal EKG taken a month ago when I visited the ER, thinking possible stroke with the parasthesias.
DIAGNOSIS (OR LACK THEREOF)
The neurologist said I don't have MS or carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm currently waiting on a bunch of tests from the endocrinologist (including TSH and calcium again, T3, T4). None of the doctors have diagnosed me with anything at this point.
I'm a little bit worried about Lyme, but I don't know who to trust regarding the controversy surrounding that. I figure after the neuro and endo have their final say and the GP is out of ideas I will explore that further.
ANY INPUT APPRECIATED!
If anybody has any thoughts about what is going on, including whether the thyroid hormone irregularities or high calcium could be causing all/most of my symptoms, I would appreciate your input.
Thanks and best of luck to all on here who are trying to find answers!