I've been going nuts looking for a diagnosis the last few months and wanted to see if you all could offer any feedback.
* Neuropathy (widespread itching at times, burning/tingling/prickly feet, legs, hands, and arms at other times)
* Dizziness nearly all the time
* Intermittent chest pain (dull, aching, tightness, usually in the middle or left side)
* Unusual fatigue (sleeping a lot and hard to get up in the morning)
The chest pain has been around for nearly half a year, the dizziness and fatigue have been around for maybe 3 months, and the neuropathy is the newest symptom. Its onset was sudden and came on over the course of several days. Sometimes I don't feel it at all, sometimes it's itching (without any rash), sometimes it's burning/itching/tingling, and sometimes it feels like my calves are sore. The feelings manifest bilaterally.
KNOWN HEALTH ISSUES
* Sinusitis for several months despite antibiotics (confirmed via CT scan)
* Moderate-severe deviated septum
* Deficient in serological vitamin D (17 ng/mL) and in the low end of the "normal" range for serological vitamin B12 (275 pg/mL)
* Anal fissure and hemorrhoids (confirmed via anuscopy)
CONDITIONS RULED OUT
* Multiple sclerosis (brain MRI was clean)
* Neck disc compression (cervical spine MRI only showed minor arthritis and neuroforaminal stenosis)
* General inflammation (blood sedimentation rate was normal)
* Thyroiditis (thyroid blood tests were normal)
* Rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor was normal)
* Lupus, autoimmune disorders (negative ANA screen)
* Blood clot (negative d-dimer screen)
* Lung problem (negative chest x-ray)
* Heart problem (normal C-reactive protein levels, normal EKG)
* Kidney disease (normal urinalysis)
* Myeloma (no monoclonal proteins in immunological electrophoresis)
* Mercury toxicity (heavy metal toxicology report was normal)
* HIV (negative blood test)
* Acid reflux (Prilosec did not help)
* Hepatitis (complete blood panel was normal)
* Leukemia (no anemia detected in blood panel)
* Lymphoma (no noticeable lymph node swelling)
* Diabetes (glucose in fasting blood panel was on the border between "normal" and "glucose impaired" but the doctor said this was fine)
I have been taking oral vitamin D and B12 supplements. I got blood drawn for a celiac panel today and will also be getting my serological vitamin D and B12 rechecked shortly. But in the meantime, are there other disorders that haven't been ruled out that I should look into? I'm not sure what could cause my symptoms to be severe at times and non-existent during other stretches. Any suggestions are welcome as I'm getting pretty frustrated with having neither an answer nor relief. Thanks in advance!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?