I have been to three doctors and been tested for everything they could imagine, but they still don't know what it is.
Here are the symptoms:
1. red bumps along the hairline around the lower part of my vulva that are often inflamed and indistinguishable until the irritation dies down
2. begins as itchiness, progresses into the type of maddening discomfort/pain that one experiences with a bugbite that itches tremendously but you know that if you scratch it it will hurt. A lot.
3. during bad outbreaks the irritation gets to the point that I feel pinching as if pubic hairs are being plucked from a single bump with every step I take (it is so uncomfortable/ painful that I want to cry). This usually only happens when I have to walk a lot. Then the skin on the top of the bump turns white and dies. When the dead layer comes off the skin underneath is a raw red.
4. Currently reoccurs every few months (though doesn't always progress to symptom #3), generally right before or towards the end of my period.
5. Lasts from 1-3 weeks (usually only 1-2 unless it gets bad)
This has been going on for four years now. It was a lot worse when I first started getting outbreaks. Of course, I thought it was herpes, but I've had three tests now (including a blood test) and they all came back negative, along with tests for bacteria. The first outbreak occurred when I was in the Amazon, so there's the possibility that this may be something rare in the U.S.
Any help would be greatly tremendously appreciated.