Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Mycotoxin/Mold Poisoning?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 10, 2010
  • 10:41 PM

Hello,

What a great forum! I've been ill for 5+ years with what we suspect could be mold poisoning: I've been treated for anemia, hyperthyroid, stress, fatigue, post-viral fatigue, eczema, prolonged flu, asthma-like symptoms but now I am wondering if it's been mycotoxins all along.

During college I worked in construction, rehabbing houses and did some mold remediation. This was 6-8 years ago, and the year after my last project I developed acute eczema and other fatigue symptoms. I was just going back to school at the time and put it off to stress. Over the last 6 years I've had 2-4 month periods of extreme fatigue, unable to get out of bed for days on end, dizziness, labored respiration, low appetite. This latest bout I have lost 40 pounds (kind of a lot on my originally 145, 5'8" muscular/lean frame), and have been on bedrest since March 20th. After my condo flooded, we realized it may have mold- the cleanup has not been pretty- and on moving out I felt IMMEDIATE relief. A few trips back to pick up clothes, etc, had to stop as I developed a rash within 20 minutes of being in the unit and then when we tried to stay overnight I had an asphyxiation attack at 2am and landed in a hotel again (hey- cheaper than a hospital!)

Currently I am staying with relatives who live in a very arid/fresh air climate- my condo is in Chicago, where there is a lot of rain, heat = humidity at this time.

I'm looking for a doctor or program that has dealt with mold/mycotoxic poisoning before (NO detractors please- my primary physician thought my symptoms were odd and possibly IMAGINARY, very funny, thank you, do you see these rashes, weight loss, etc?)

Thank you for reading! I appreciate this forum exists, I'm getting a little annoyed getting passed around from PCP to allergist, to occupational hazard therapists, etc.

Margot

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Hi, I believe you are onto the cause. I had mycotoxin poisoning and the exact same things (rash, can't breathe, etc.) happen to me when I'm in a toxic building. What's helped me tremendously is that I moved completely away from the medical model (who only prescribed claritin and nasal surgeries; they even thought my fatigue was related to an auto accident I had years ago!). My primary doctor is what's called an Applied Kinesiologist. I happened to start going to him because my friend was his office manager. I've had sinus infections, bronchitis, asthma and nosebleeds since I was a child and my friend encouraged me to see him. IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE AND MY HEALTH. He discovered the mold poisoning and I got out of the moldy environment. I recently went a 2 year stint without so much as a head cold - a record for me! We changed my diet and added supplements to support my lung health. I do have to say it's been very challenging finding a place to live. I do not earn enough to build my own mold free home and renting is difficult. I'm currently on my mom's couch with all my things in storage until I can find a new mold toxin free place to live. Oh, and in case no-one's informed you, mold toxicity also makes you sensitive to other chemicals; perfumes, carpet adhesives, new paint, etc. (this is partly the reason I haven't been able to move into an apartment). Anyway, best of luck to you and i STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO SEEK NATURAL HEALTHCARE (AK, Acupuncture,etc.) and DON'T GIVE UP until you find someone who can help you! This is not in your head and over half a million people are affected every year. God bless.Hello,What a great forum! I've been ill for 5+ years with what we suspect could be mold poisoning: I've been treated for anemia, hyperthyroid, stress, fatigue, post-viral fatigue, eczema, prolonged flu, asthma-like symptoms but now I am wondering if it's been mycotoxins all along.During college I worked in construction, rehabbing houses and did some mold remediation. This was 6-8 years ago, and the year after my last project I developed acute eczema and other fatigue symptoms. I was just going back to school at the time and put it off to stress. Over the last 6 years I've had 2-4 month periods of extreme fatigue, unable to get out of bed for days on end, dizziness, labored respiration, low appetite. This latest bout I have lost 40 pounds (kind of a lot on my originally 145, 5'8" muscular/lean frame), and have been on bedrest since March 20th. After my condo flooded, we realized it may have mold- the cleanup has not been pretty- and on moving out I felt IMMEDIATE relief. A few trips back to pick up clothes, etc, had to stop as I developed a rash within 20 minutes of being in the unit and then when we tried to stay overnight I had an asphyxiation attack at 2am and landed in a hotel again (hey- cheaper than a hospital!)Currently I am staying with relatives who live in a very arid/fresh air climate- my condo is in Chicago, where there is a lot of rain, heat = humidity at this time. I'm looking for a doctor or program that has dealt with mold/mycotoxic poisoning before (NO detractors please- my primary physician thought my symptoms were odd and possibly IMAGINARY, very funny, thank you, do you see these rashes, weight loss, etc?)Thank you for reading! I appreciate this forum exists, I'm getting a little annoyed getting passed around from PCP to allergist, to occupational hazard therapists, etc.Margot
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 7, 2011
    • 08:04 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.