I'm hoping that someone out there can help me and my wife out with her problems. My wife has had a headache for about 4 weeks now, and out of those 4 weeks, developed what appears to be migraine like symptoms for 2 weeks now. She has the following symptoms:
1. Migraine-like headache that moves to both sides of her head. Sometimes it is to her temporal area, sometimes to the back of her head, or sometimes to the top.
2. Numbness and tingling. She says that at times it feels like her leg is "asleep", but then goes back to normal. She has also experienced numbness and tingling to her face and lips, tips of her fingers, and part of her lower arms.
3. Nausea. It seems that she has nausea that comes and goes, but she NEVER vomits.... but comes close (no wretching though). Additionally, and perhaps as a consequence, she has a decreased appetite.
4. Insomnia. This appears to be because she is sooooo nauseated, that she thinks she is going to throw up in her sleep.
5. Fatigue. She has little to no energy. The smallest tasks make her tired and feeling like she "overworked" herself.
I think there are more symptoms, but these are the main ones. She is only 24 years old, and she can't live the rest of her life like this.
As for treatment, we have tried the following:
1. 1 week of Naproxen
2. 2 days of Tecnal (ASA/Caffeine/Codeine)
3. IV Maxeran and IV fluids
4. 5 days of Prednisone
Also, she has had a CT scan of her head which was normal, along with basic blood work that showed slightly elevated eosinophil levels.
We went on a Caribbean cruise in December, but these symptoms didn't start until early February.
I'm hoping someone out there can help us out....
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?