Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Moving Pubic bone?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: SunnyG
  • January 31, 2009
  • 05:58 AM

I gave birth to my first child 9 weeks ago. During labour I experienced very severe pubic bone pain and hip pain. Baby also got stuck under my pubic bone and was eventually pulled out by forceps.
Since then I have had continual pain in my pubic bone and behind my clitoris. I also have severe pain in my hip joints.
The weird symptom is, inside my vagina, a bone keeps blocking entrance. The bone or whatever, appears to move. I have been inserting a cream with an applicator that is supposed to go all the way in, however, sometimes it will stop at about half an inch in as it appears to hit an obstruction, which feels like a bone. If I try again hours later, there is no bone there at all.
I have done a sort of test with my finger. The first try was when there was a blockage. 5 hours later I checked again - there was no blockage but I could feel a bone wall. Another 5 hours later, no blockage, no bone, just as normal.
So at a guess I would say my pubic bone is moving. I can't find any information anywhere about it moving and obstructing passage inside the vagina.
Any ideas? My GP had no ideas and I'm supposed to "see how it goes"

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • Has anyone done a rectal exam to check your coccyx?
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • January 31, 2009
    • 03:21 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Oh,about your pubic bone:it could have separated during childbirth,causing what is called diastasis of the pubic bone.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • January 31, 2009
    • 03:28 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Actually,the exact term is diastasis of the symphysis pubis.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • January 31, 2009
    • 03:31 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I also have been doing research on this condition as I am experiencing the same symptoms although I have never had any children. I am 28 and have been with my husband for 8 years. Sexual intercourse has become slim to nil in the last few years as I experience extreme pain in the vaginal entrance due to what feels to be like a blockage from my pelvic bone. I also am experiencing massive recurring hip pain, but like I said I am only 28 and I am an average weight and consider myself healthy. My self and my husband are very frustrated and don't know what avenues to persue. Do I see a bone and joint doctor or a gynecologyst?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Well I still have this same problem, but a bit of progress with diagnosis.I had an MRI done on my pubic bone and they found swelling and the big thing, a ruptured disc. That is what is causing the pain, and most likely moving.As for my hips and pelvis, I'm having a 2nd MRI done on them in a couple of weeks.I would suggest a bone doctor first... rheumatologist or even a physiotherapist or chiropractor
    SunnyG 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?