Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

mold allergy?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: ibdancin50
  • February 9, 2007
  • 03:52 AM

I have had laryngitis for one month. No medication helps. I live in a house with lots of molds. I feel better when I leave the house and worse the longer I am at home. I recently bought two air filters which are helping. I suspect mold allergies but everything I find about mold allergies does not list the symptoms I have been having: fatigue, headaches, laryngitis, sleep problems (frequent waking, trouble getting to sleep), post nasal drip, constant phlegm in throat that can't be dislodged by coughing, constant aching of muscles in chest and back (no coughing).

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

  • i you check the thread named PROGRESSIVE MUSCLE WEAKNESS STILL NO ANSWERS check post #19 for lots of info on dealing with mold and toxins in your home. you have to look through it quite a bit.good luck,jad
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 04:35 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • dry the place out .i used ducted underfloor extractor fans.(designed and made myself.) find and eliminate all sources of water incursion.hint :water comes from above. ;rising damp is *******t.think :roof ,gutters,chimneys ,cracks in walls faulty and old cement ,leaking pipes,faulty flashings,faulty flues,faulty window frames,leaking central heating,ground water near the house(due to any of the foregoing.)neighbours piling soil against the side of an adjoining wall ,prevailing wind forcing rain against a side of your house, ponds and hot tubs too close to your house,enough for now?moulds need water .no water no mould .no mould no cough.easy.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 05:22 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • buy a negative ion generator (look on ebay for a used one) set on high and leave running (in no pets or people inside) whenever you leave the house. This kills mold. Add a lot of dark green veggies and fresh lemon and fresh made carrot juice (also vite C) also try grapefruit sedd extract in your juice to help support your sysem
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 03:54 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • thats right always go for the complicated solution.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 10, 2007
    • 05:23 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • dehumidifier is the best plan, as well as taking out any carpet in bathrooms or kitchens.i have a mold allergy and in addition to the typical symptoms i have some of the ones you described: persistent laryngitis, nasal drip, and congestion. the laryngitis is a result of the nasal drip: it keeps your throat irritated during the night (in addition to the irritation of the allergy).allegra and zyrtec have both worked very well for me, but outdoor mold is more of an issue for me than indoor in the place i'm currently living (the spore count is high outdoors, but our apartment doesn't seem to have much of a mold problem). in our last house, any time i looked through stuff in the basement (where there was definitely mildew) i'd wind up hacking painfully for awhile.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 01:51 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I have the exact same issues had to move out did you know the problems you are experiencing are the first stage of anaphalaxic shock. Please be careful. Mine is due to mycotoxins from mold...
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 2, 2015
    • 05:39 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.