Hi i'm 21 years old and for the past 6 weeks i've been dealing w CONSTANT migraine headaches! I've had headaches my whole life even when i was little but i've never had anything like this! I'll wake up and go to bed w a migraine headache and some days are more intense then others but it never fully goes away no matter what i do. I was even out of work for a week straight cause i couldn't open my eyes and see lights.
This is what the Dr.'s have done for me this far, pretty much in order from week one to now...
1) Nausea medication (promethazine) which helps when i'm nausea during a migraine but doesn't get rid of the pain. then onto..
2) Vicodin... didn't help at all
3) percocets .. once again didn't help.
4) had my eyes examined (my Rx changed but still didn't help)
5) changed my diet (more protein, staying very hydrated)
6) had a CT scan, everything came back normal
7) chiropractor (3 times wk) (stopped seeing him in 4th wk of migraine episode)
8) acupuncture (1 every other wk)
9) saw a neurologist and he put me on a daily preventative of Nadolol which i haven't noticed a difference yet (been on it 2 weeks now)
10) treximet - helped only a little but didn't like the side effects at all! (felt drugged and my head was on fire/ felt sun burnt)
11) imitrex shot (in neuro's office) and pill form, once again hated side effects..
12) will be botox the next time i see my neurologist in the new year.
i've also had a Uterus infection the 1st week of my migraines which my dr. associated w my mirena iud that i had put in less than 2 months prior, she told me once it was out my migraine headaches would go away which they haven't. And in the 6th week i've had a UTI.. i've also noticed i've recently become allergic to latex condoms. (no clue if its all related)
-the pain is usually on my left side of my head which is worse w movement
-very sensitive to light, noise, and chemicals (i'm a hairdresser)
-sometimes on the left side under my occipital bone feels like a knife is stabbing my head
- sometimes when i step on my left foot (when walking) a shooting pain will go thru my head and the left side of my face feels numb.
- cheek bone pain
- jawbone pain
- sore eyes
- always neck pain
well thats everything if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know im miserable :(