Here's my story a bit long so feel free to go to-
List of numerous symptoms at bottom
As far back as High School I can remember having back and hip pain and my arms and legs going numb easily. Shortly after 1994 I began having problems with my eyes when driving over approximately 15 miles, they would just close even if I wasn't tired I couldn't keep them open. I have made several attempts to clear up these problems. In 1996 I had an MRI to check out my eye problem they decided I must just have road hypnosis. In October 2001 I had a large Breast Reduction, this helped my back to a very small degree but not near as much as I had hoped. Through out the years I have seen Chiropractors with really no relief. In the summer of 2005 I went to see a foot doctor , who gave me inserts for my shoes , they didn't help either. I have also had problems with fatigue, just being utter wore out. Around the beginning of 2006 I started having pain in hands and arms. For the most part I just figured these pains to be a normal part of my life and would take Ibuprofen when they got to be to much.
In the middle of May 2006 I noticed a small amount of blood in my urine, I thought I had a urinary tract infection. I didn't Dr.'s found what turned out to be a large 9.5cm cancerous tumor enveloping my left kidney, which had slightly Hemorrhaged . I was sent to a urologist and ended up having my left kidney and the tumor removed. Although the surgical markings were clear, due to the size of the tumor and the fact that it had gone into the surrounding fatty tissue I was sent to an oncologist,and have had scans and blood work every 3-6 months since to keep an eye on things.
Since my surgery the problems I was having with pain in my back, hips, hands, numbness, fatigue and my eyes closing have become extremely worse,and many new symptoms have shown up. I have gone from occasionally taking Ibuprofen to now taking 10 mg Oxycodone CR two - three times/day and Hydrocodone / APAP 1 - 2 times a day for breakthrough pain- to make the pain bearable, in fact sometimes that doesn't always cut it. I don't expect the medicine to get rid of the pain it just makes it tolerable. I am attaching a list of the symptoms I am having at the end of this letter. I have been to multiple specialist who have taken more blood than I knew I had- had Brain MRI - CT's- X-Rays- Even:eek: Spinal Tap with no resolution. In fact I just returned from a week in Scottsdale AZ at the Mayo Clinic (what a waste) They said my knee caps are tilted sideways causing knee pain, Bursitisis in my hip they called the rest of my pain Myofasial? Which basicly means muscle and joint pain all over! - Duh! Not only have I been unable to work but doing simple things like lifting a gallon of milk, writing out a check or doing my hair are difficult and painful making day to day challenging.
Pain in hands up arms into shoulder
- Pain is Constant - activities make it worse
- Hurts to write
- Hurts to hold books
- Hurts to hold just papers
- Hurts to do my hair and to brush daughters hair
- Buttons are hard to do
- Sometimes can't even turn door ***b
- Burning / Icy feeling at times
- Hurts when doing nothing
- Many other activities make pain worse - too many to list
Pain in Wrist
- Sometimes can't put any weight on it. It just gives out - like if trying to push self up
Arms / Hands, Feet / Legs going numb
Tingling sensation - like a lot of little bugs crawling on me
- Feet, Legs, Ankles, Arms, Scalp
- Pain is worse on left side
- Painful to walk
- Can be hard to sit down and get up - mostly getting up
- Painful to spread legs apart
- Lower back spreads across hips/buttocks
- Travels up spine and can spread across ribs and/or shoulder blades
Pain / Tightness in Knees, Calfs, and Thighs
- Especially if standing for more than about 15 minutes
- Bending over, kneeling, and squating cause pain / tightness
Pain / Tightness in Jaw
- Squinting causes ( usually due to lighting)
- Singing or continuiosly talking for approx. 5 minutes cause pain
- Can hardly lft even a gallon of milk - very painful feels like 10,000 lbs
- Sometimes can bearly lift smaller objects like books
- Seems to be getting worse
Pain in feet and ankles
- Seems to be for no apperent reason its just there
- Made worse if on my feet for any extended peroid of time
Legs sometimes feel like jelly- Like they are going to give out when standing
Problems with Eyes
- Eyes don't stay open - I'm not tired my eyes just close
- Mainly when driving but also happens if not very active
- Sometimes vision is dull like looking through a thin fog - things just not sharp
Face - Tingling / Burning sensation
- Face actually turns bright red and is hot to the touch
- Sometimes it affects the whole face, usually only 1 side affected
- Frequently have touble swallowing but only Liquids - feels like it gets stuck
- Very tired all of the time
- Low energy
- Sometimes exteremly wore out when just out of bed - sometimes by mid-day 1 or 2
- If I don't get a nap by early evening I can barely function
Tend to be cold all the time ( this is odd because I have always tended to be hot all the time)
- Hands and feet continually cold ( I have been heating socks and gloves in the dryer several times a day)
Some small annoying Memory issues
Slight hearing difficulty
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?