Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

lump on saliva glands

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: jellymomo
  • August 8, 2008
  • 01:40 AM

my wife recently had a small round lump under her tongue.. it was totally painless.. after a few weeks another small lump appeared above the previous lump.. i took her to a private clinic and got some antibiotics with a cream to apply..

after applying i could see some blood coming out of the lump, and it got smaller(kind of very little difference than usual), she had to continue this for 1 week and after that i could see that the antibiotics and cream helped but still it wasnt cured so i took her to the doctor like 2 weeks later.. the doctor said that if it still doesnt go down she'll have to go to the hospital to pierce the lump(anyway this doctor didnt do much diagnosis other than shining a torch inside the mouth).

this time she told me that the gland on both jaw is also blocked.. not by a round lump like the previous one.. its kinda flat just that it blocked the glands..

im not really sure what is it but ive even taken her to see other doctors and they dont really think its serious..

whats worst is that even i now got this lump on my right gland.. dont even know how it happened please help

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • I just had a friend that actually had a stone in his salivary gland, like a kidney stone. The first symptom was that when he thought of food or saw food, he hyper-salivated to the point that is was actually physically impossible for him to eat something until "the spell" passed, then severe pain came, and after almost 5 days of this, the stone "passed" and popped, accompanied by the most foul smelling liquid, and then all was well. The docs told him that these stones are created by the smallest little spec of cell tissue/foreign matter, and then getting lodged and then aggrevated within the body (like a kidney stone) but who knew, there could be a such thing as a salivary gland stone?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Doctors are not good at lumps in your mouth. You need to see an oral surgeon. Can you take photo of the lumps and post here. I'll see if I can help.
    Felsen 510 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.