Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Looking for Marfan's specialist

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: spanky
  • September 6, 2008
  • 04:36 AM

I have tried using Google to find listings for doctors in my area (Houston) that specialize in treating Marfan's Syndrome, supposedly this is where a lot of research on the disorder takes place but I cannot find any listings. None of the hospitals I have called in and asked were very helpful, either.

I'm aware from my research that if I in fact do have Marfan's (my sister is diagnosed with it, and I have observed many symptoms in myself) - I will probably need a specialist who has worked with Marfan patients otherwise I am screwed.

Please help! Can someone refer me to a specialist or direct me to a listing?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Try these people: Genetic basis of thoracic aortic aneurysms and aortic dissections.Pannu H, Tran-Fadulu V, Milewicz DM.Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, USA.
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • September 8, 2008
    • 07:38 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Here you go!University of Texas at Houston Contact Kristi L. Baysinger-Morin, RNPhone 713-500-5774E-mail Kristi.L.Baysinger@uth.tmc.edu http://www.marfan.org/nmf/GetContentRequestHandler.do?menu_item_id=49
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 9, 2008
    • 07:48 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?