I have some weird symptoms that are concerning me.
- female in late 20's
- had an abnormal pap and had LEEP surgery to remove precancerous cells on the cervix in 2005.
- never had an abnormal pap since
- had a vaginal birth a couple years ago with no complications
- always longer than average menstrual cycle at 36 - 38 days. (when not on birth control)
- not currently on hormonal birth control (use condoms)
- sore throat before menstruation. starting about the summer I noticed I would get a sore throat a week or so before my period started (around the time i would have just ovulated)
- sex has started to become painful. it's become very noticeable especially end of my cycle. feels like my cervix is bruised and he's pressing on it while it's very tender.
- bleeding after sex, starting about November if we had sex a day or two before my expected period i'd start bleeding during sex and it would "trigger" my period.
-abnormal mid-cycle bleeding. sex was painful MID cycle (instead of towards the end) and i bled the next day and bled for two days, it was dark and thick and didn't remotely look like my period at all. experience cramping/mild pain at the same time.
- cramps, i'd usually experiences mild cramping a day or so before my period and the first day of my period, the past couple months it started to become a week, then two weeks etc. now it's to the point where i'm almost constantly feeling mild menstrual like cramps.
-excess clear vaginal fluid. i have noticed more than normal fluid. but no itching, no burning or any form of pain/discomfort. and no smell.
- Period was over 10 days late in January. (VERY unusual for me, not pregnant)
after i had the spotting in December I KNEW it wasn't normal so i went to the doctor and he thought i might be pregnant (implantation bleeding) i had a blood test done and also did two home pregnancy tests. all three came back negative. i brushed it off thinking i may have just had ovulation bleeding though it's never happened to me before. but when i was experiencing the mild cramping through January and then my period was 10 days late, i took another home pregnancy test, negative.
and i went back to see the doctor. i got a different one this time.
she thinks it's hormonally related. she did a pap and noticed the excessive vaginal fluid but said that i have absolutely no signs of an infection.
she also did some blood work.
i assume it turned out well since I haven't heard back from them and "no news is good news"
she thinks it might perhaps be a developing cyst and i have an ultra sound booked for a week from now just to make sure.
i am concerned that perhaps it may be a form of vaginal cancer (perhaps the type i had a few years ago? but she never called to say i had an abnormal pap this time so i don't think it's that) perhaps cancer of the uterus?
If anyone has any idea of what might be causing all these symptoms please share them! Thanks.