I have some weird symptoms that are concerning me.
- female in late 20's
- had an abnormal pap and had LEEP surgery to remove precancerous cells on the cervix in 2005.
- never had an abnormal pap since
- had a vaginal birth a couple years ago with no complications
- always longer than average menstrual cycle at 36 - 38 days. (when not on birth control)
- not currently on hormonal birth control (use condoms)
- sore throat before menstruation. starting about the summer I noticed I would get a sore throat a week or so before my period started (around the time i would have just ovulated)
- sex has started to become painful. it's become very noticeable especially end of my cycle. feels like my cervix is bruised and he's pressing on it while it's very tender.
- bleeding after sex, starting about November if we had sex a day or two before my expected period i'd start bleeding during sex and it would "trigger" my period.
-abnormal mid-cycle bleeding. sex was painful MID cycle (instead of towards the end) and i bled the next day and bled for two days, it was dark and thick and didn't remotely look like my period at all. experience cramping/mild pain at the same time.
- cramps, i'd usually experiences mild cramping a day or so before my period and the first day of my period, the past couple months it started to become a week, then two weeks etc. now it's to the point where i'm almost constantly feeling mild menstrual like cramps.
-excess clear vaginal fluid. i have noticed more than normal fluid. but no itching, no burning or any form of pain/discomfort. and no smell.
- Period was over 10 days late in January. (VERY unusual for me, not pregnant)
after i had the spotting in December I KNEW it wasn't normal so i went to the doctor and he thought i might be pregnant (implantation bleeding) i had a blood test done and also did two home pregnancy tests. all three came back negative. i brushed it off thinking i may have just had ovulation bleeding though it's never happened to me before. but when i was experiencing the mild cramping through January and then my period was 10 days late, i took another home pregnancy test, negative.
and i went back to see the doctor. i got a different one this time.
she thinks it's hormonally related. she did a pap and noticed the excessive vaginal fluid but said that i have absolutely no signs of an infection.
she also did some blood work.
i assume it turned out well since I haven't heard back from them and "no news is good news"
she thinks it might perhaps be a developing cyst and i have an ultra sound booked for a week from now just to make sure.
i am concerned that perhaps it may be a form of vaginal cancer (perhaps the type i had a few years ago? but she never called to say i had an abnormal pap this time so i don't think it's that) perhaps cancer of the uterus?
If anyone has any idea of what might be causing all these symptoms please share them! Thanks.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?