Any help guiding me to a cause / additional questions is appreciated:
- Male, 52+
- Pain in upper left abdomen, this pain lives below below the rib gage.
- Generally on flank or back but "moves" within that volume.
- Pain tends to be "burning" in nature.
- The pain tends to radiate:
down left side, into groin area
at times, past groin into upper left thigh, at times lower calf.
- There is some relationship between pain & meals but this is not consistent and appetite remains good.
- Bowels and urine remain consistent & normal.
- This started approx. 11 months ago but went into quiet period. Approx 2 weeks ago it came back strong.
- When this happened almost a year ago we chased down pancreatitis and gastro problems through endo/colonoscopy, kidney problems through a complete workup and did contrast CT scans, ultrasounds and MRI's. Checked the heart out thoroughly also. I was exercising up to a couple weeks ago.
- The best the image work (etc.) could contribute was some possible compression on T5/T6. This lead to a diagnosis of neurpathic pain. This feels very different from that.
- lab tests for pancreatitis last week were again normal.
- Kidney stone(s) a possibility but the pain doesn't track with a droping stone.
Doctors are all pointing elsewhere between themselves...:confused: