Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.


Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: kinyeah
  • January 26, 2009
  • 10:14 PM

My doctor says there are no tests for Systemic inflammatory response syndrome, and that they are looking to see what type of specialist they should refer me to. It seems like he has never heard of it even. What do you reccommend I do??? Thank you for your time.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Well, that doesn't necessarily surprise me. Please let me know where you are located geographically and please do not post personal identifying information or actual address, etc.. Once I know the city you are in, I may be able to direct you to the appropriate specialists. Immunology is basically where we need to be with this because inflammatory response syndrome is fundamentally associated with the immune system. Basically, among other things, what we'll be looking for is evidence of persistent pro-inflammatory cytokine production. Don't worry. We'll get you pointed in the right direction. It's also known by its acronym SIRS and your doctor should take a little more time reading medical journals. It's certainly well-known and from a layperson standpoint, I'm sure you can even find general information about it on the internet. Best regards, J Cottle, MD
    JCottleMD 580 Replies
    • January 27, 2009
    • 00:07 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • It meant the world to me to read you say "we'll" get you pointed in the right direction. I feel pretty alone (great support system family wise tho) so thank you for making it seem like there is someone in my corner. I am in Northern New Jersey, very close to Hackensack University Med. Center. I am only about 20 minutes from New York City but very hard to get there. Thank you for your help!
    kinyeah 31 Replies
    • January 27, 2009
    • 00:57 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.