i have had issues with depression for the past 3-4 years
and have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder
however, i have other symptoms that i am told are due to depression only, but i think something else might be going on
the most worrisome or annoying symptoms are listed first
1. excessive thirst, there is also polyuria, but i believe it's secondary to the polydipsia
2. continued, slow weight gain
i have steadily gained weight over the past 10 years, but have recently put on 15 pounds in the past 8 months, i eat 1200-2000 calories a day, and work out jogging everyday
3. intolerance to heat, anything above 23 celsius and i sweat profusely and feel uncomfortable, it arose suddenly about 3 years ago
i also get chills if i'm not moving
4. strange swelling nodes - a large node behind my ear appeared 5 months ago, it swells,becomes red and itchy for about 2 hours and is distinctly noticeable, it then shrinks to a quarter sized soft, illdefined blob,
i don't know what triggers the swelling
before the node behind my ear, i used to have a bump that would swell on my forehead the same way, it felt and appeared like a bug bite but was always in the same place and came every 7-14 days, with no apparent precipitating factors
4. IBS - diagnosed by gastroenterologist 7 years ago, by symptoms only
diarrhea and difficulty with large meals
5. sudden onset insomnia started 8 months ago (i am on sleeping pills), i have always had daytime fatigue and needed to nap during the day
6. thiamine deficiency and anemia (b12 and iron deficiencies) at different times, likely due to malnutrition
7. others - occasional and severe headaches, constant runny nose, , no issues with memory, concentration or
i am 27, 5'4, 200 lbs
i am on an antidepressant, but switched medication 2 months ago and none of the symptoms have eased, my bp was normal on my previous medication, but returned to 100/75 1 week after i changed medication
i have been tested for blood glucose and thyroid hormones every year or so, and have never been told anythings abnormal
i have no other diagnosed medical problems
please, please help
i understand if it is depression, but i want to make sure it's not something else
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?