Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

is it BV or something else?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 8, 2007
  • 11:15 AM

For the past five years or maybe even longer I have had chronic symptoms of what seems to be BV.... I think I go to my gynoclogist at least 5 times a year to treat vaginal dischrge, odor, itching, frequent yeast infections, difficulty urinating and bleeding.... every time I am given various STD tests or diabetes testing and antibiotics and all test results come back negative for STD's. or any plausible cause...... I experience these symptoms even with use of condoms and they are sometimes worse with condoms..(Bleeding/odor..) I'm tired of not having an answer...... and my daily life is affected..... the odor is not always fishy...... but it is very pungent...... and embarassing... I think the only reason it is not noticlble to others is because i constantly have to clean myself... like maybe four times a day......I've even had small almost unnoticible itchy lesions which have always come back negative for STD's...... I was still prescribed a medication for herpes but it doesn't work which is probably because it's not herpes.......I've seen pictures and researched alot about hepres and I have not had such symptoms...... I have gone to see about four specialists and have been given every possible diagnosis from cancer, to lupus, to HPV, to BV, to just yeast... and I'm losing all faith in medical professionals...... as all tests have come back negative for all such disorders....... help me please

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • Well, just get a blood test for herpes. Then at least you will know, but ask for herpes2 blood test. It's very important you know if you have it or not. Have you had a pap? Keep us posted after the blood test. They usually will do a herpes 1/2 combo and if you have cold sores on your mouth, you won't have an answer, so the doctor must specify 2. Actually sounds like some type of discharge, huh? You can eventually have a homeopath make a nosode of the discharge and that would fix you up...or 1-3 visits with an acupuncturist...unless it's herpes...but sounds like you have a non specific discharge that needs non traditional treatment.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • The pap will tell if you have HPV. I don't think I would just go with what the doctor thinks. I would want to see the results of the pap. If it is HPV, then you would want to consider being pro-active and having it treated by freezing or laser. That might take care of the problem. Good luck.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Have you tried lactobacillus both by eating and as a suppository? Also, avoid eating a lot of sugar.
    aquila 1263 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.