Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Irritation on Base of Penis Head - HELP - It's hurt for almost a year!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: bwstump
  • March 19, 2007
  • 04:24 AM

Back in May of 2006, my penis started getting irritated at the base of the penis head. I went to the doctor and he said that it was fungus. He gave me cream to use and it never cleared up. I went to a urologist and he said that there was nothing wrong with me. I had several tests ran. They all came back okay.

I had the problem off and on for a few months. During the winter months when my skin was dry I didn't really have that many problems. Now that it is warming up, I have had a constant pain. I am using vaseline on it. It used to help - but doesn't anymore.

It's so annoying - I am constantly worrying about the pain. I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF IT!!

If anybody has any suggestions - PLEASE let me know!! Thanks!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • i wonder if maybe it could be a bit of thrush/yeast infection. might be worth getting some caneston cream...worth a try
    jocasey 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Get your blood sugar levels tested - you might have diabetes. This is exactly how I found out, only that I mentioned to the doctor that I was drinking and urinating a lot - that's when he tested me for it.David
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?