This is sort of long, I apologize but I could really use some help figuring this out. On August 29th I had my teeth whitened. I had it done in my dentist's office, in the states - which I have learned makes a difference. They used a 35% concentrated paste of peroxide, wherein the UK uses a 6% version. I managed to go through 5 treatments in a 3 hour period before I could not take the pain in my teeth anymore. I found out later that I should have been using a special toothpaste for 2 weeks prior to having this done and should have taken IBproufen that morning. The assistant who was working on my teeth was a flighty girl and told me not to swallow while I had the paste on my teeth, which is impossible as you're laying nearly flat for 3 hours and awake so swallowing happens. I am pretty sure she should have let me have the sucker thing since she left me alone in the room and only came back to rinse the peroxide down my throat and put more paste on.
Anyway, the 31st of August I had blood in my stool. This lasted for a few days and by the time I could get an appointment with my GP, it had stopped. I asked her if it could have been caused by the teeth bleaching and she said absolutely not, starting it must be a hemmroid (sp) and offered me a rectal exam which I declined. That same day I noticed that my hair had changed texture drastically. It has a waxy feel to it, like I sprayed it with hairspray and didn't wash it out. The only hair products I use are shampoo and conditioner. I thought maybe it was something in the water and/or my shampoo so I changed my hair cleaners, I've tried about 10 different combinations of shampoo and conditioner, and have since moved to the UK, so obviously the fact that the water here is different means it wasn't the water.
The 11th of September, my urine turned a very dark color and was cloudy. This lasted until the 13th and that's when the first pain started. The afternoon of the 13th I had a dull ache in my lower back on my right side that lasted for about an hour the first time and then about a half hour the second time. I didn't really think too much of it since it didn't last very long. I moved to the UK on the 16th. On the 18th I had pain again. It began right along my lower spine and included twinges in my intestine and lower abdomen on the right side. I also had intense pain in that spot of my lower back on the right which lasted about 5 hours. I took 400mg IBproufen and finally fell asleep after trying to breathe through the pain. The next morning I felt better.
Around lunch time on the 19th the pain returned. Beginning on the left side under my ribs. It felt a bit like I had swallowed a razor blade. I was in pain for a total of 8 hours with the majority of it being in that spot in my lower back again but with episodes of aches and twinges in my intestine and I would suppose my appendix. I took 800mg of IBproufen and 2 paracetamol in that 8 hours before falling asleep. My mother believes I had a kidney stone as my urine output was nonexistent during this time even though I drink about 3 litres a day.
Things have been well and good until a few hours ago when I the pain in my back began again. It isn't nearly as bad as it was last week; it feels sore like something is pinched in the muscle. I have drunk a litre of water since 2PM and it is now 4:40PM and have had no urine output. I have also taken 2 paracetamol for the pain. (I'm not one for pain killers and consider myself quite strong when it comes to dealing with pain naturally.) Along with this, my hair still feels like there is wax in it, which is all sorts of gross.
Could this be kidney stones? Can a person have 3 stones in 3 weeks all coming out of the same place? Could this be from the teeth bleaching? I don't have a GP in the UK yet and I'd rather not go to an ER without being in "real" pain so if anyone has any ideas about what this is, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
BTW I'm a 23 year old girl and my diet hasn't changed in probably 10 years. I'm not on any medications.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?