Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I have Varicocele Please Help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: quickguide90012
  • June 14, 2009
  • 09:19 PM

I have varicocele with my testicles. I am pretty certain i have grade 3 and not 2 or 1 because i googled images and the images and that is what i have. My urologist tells me i cannot do surgery because it is too late. I am almost 23 years old. I am not sure when i got it but i am pretty sure it was when i was 18-19 when i had a penis injury where i injured my penis real bad.

My testicles have shrunk and they look and feel like a bag of worms. I know you can have grade 1, grade 2 or grade 3 varicocele and grade 3 is the worst one. I have problems getting and maintaining erections as well and a whole bunch of problems also. I know for sure i have low testerone because my testicles have shrunk in size but nothing was done 4-5 years ago because the urologists i saw all told me i had no problems... well guess they were wrong and i knew it.

My urologist tells me it is too late for me to do surgery. is this a lie? someone who had the same thing but grade 2 one said he had it when he was 14-15 and had surgery for it last year when he was 22 so he had it for a good 6-7 years. He also noticed his testicles were shrinking and doctor told him to do the surgery.

My problem is that my urologist tells me ITS TOO LATE. I live in nyc by the way and i am really mad that doctors don't care about their patients. Varicocele is associated with male infertility and he told me to come back to him when i am 28 or 30 years old and then he will look into this problem more if i want to have a kid. Well... why don't you just do it now? I have all those symptons that warrant for surgery and this urologist tells me its all in my head?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • anyone can please give me some advice?
    quickguide90012 26 Replies Flag this Response
  • Don't be mad, this is very common men's problem I am sure you can still go for a surgery I don't know why your urologist said that. I myself have grade 3 V too and I am 28 years old my urologist is going to write me to do a non-surgical treatment called Embolization. If you want more information from me you can fire me an email. kurt.cai@gmail.com
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • anyone can please give me some advice?I just had varicocele repair surgery to repair a grade III varicocel in my left testicle a week ago, I am 31 and have had it since I was 18 years old. I now have azoospermia and low testosterone levels possibly due to not having something done about it sooner. My advice to you is to find another Urologist and tell them it is causing pain and Testicular atrophy and you would like to have it repaired. It is up to you to not take no for an answer believe me when I say it is worth the fight now to not have to deal with infertility later and all that goes along with it. I am hopeful that some of the damage will be repaired but the longer you wait the worse the prognosis.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • October 19, 2009
    • 08:10 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • How great your info is!But Can you give some more sample questions and answers.I really want to get more info about this topicIt really useful for me. Thanks.__________________________Faire simulation pret personnel en ligne | Faire calcul taux pret personnel en ligne | Demander un financement simulation credit personnel
    glichisput 1 Replies
    • October 20, 2009
    • 03:28 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.