I've been seeing my primary care for about 2 years now on this, and we just aren't making any progress.
Here are a few things:
1. I was Vitimin D deficient. Started at 17 now it's up over 40 and still taking over 60,000 ius per week. Started treatment for this about 5 months ago.
2. I do get seasonal depression, which worries me this year as I'm already depressed well before the holiday season.
3. I have been diagnosed with ADHD.
4. I am currently living with chronic pain. Both of my knees have cartilage damage. It is painful to walk long distances or up and down stairs.
5. I am overweight, and I sabatoge every attempt to lose weight.
I have many symptoms that are so "generic" and can't find anything that helps. When we found the Vitimin D issue, I thought that would help, it hasn't changed a thing.
My symptoms include: Forgetfulness (I've locked my keys in the car several times in the past month,, as a example). Tiredness. I sleep between 7-8 hours every night, and I'm ready to go back to sleep by noon. Apathy. I have caught myself saying "I don't care" so much that it scares me.
All this Forgetfulness, tiredness, apathy, makes my husband angry with me. Like I'm purposely doing this stuff, which of course, just adds to my depression. I know if something doesn't change, my husband is going to leave. He doesn't want to deal with it. (He was the primary care-taker for his father who had Alzheimers).
I read articles and I think that must be it, but they never work. I can't take my ADD meds along with most anti-depressants as they cause memory problems... and I have them already I don't need more.
I don't know what else to add. I'm a 46 year old female, and with all this I really don't want to go through menopause to.