Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I could really use some opinions! I can't even walk down a hill! PLEASE!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: anjel75
  • April 3, 2007
  • 00:18 PM

I am looking for some answers myself. This is my story. I am just looking for somebody to tell me what is going on! I go to a spine surgeon now and he is just going to refer me to Pain Management. I think something else could be done. I think that he thinks I don't have a autotomical problem and I think i do! My PT thinks so as well but my doc will not hear anyones opinion due to him being the only one who knows anything. You know the type! Problem= workers comp and cannot change docs. I haven't missed work due to this and I am not asking for disablilty. I just want the problem fixed!
I know you arent a dr. and I will not take what you say like you are. I just want your opinion. I was diagnosed with DDD and Facet Syndrome in June of last year after having my second child. My back was hurting so badly in the last few months, but you know I thought well, everyones back hurts. Don't be a wuss. In August, I fell at work. I do medical records and I was in the rolling charts and had my weight leaned up against one side. My partner, unknowingly, rolled the shelf that I was leaning on. I fell back on my bottom. This made things a lot worse. After an MRI, I was told I had two bulging discs one of which is torn. I think the tear is old. I herniated a disc in 1998 and I think that is what they were seeing because I still have issues with it. The gel-like stuff in the middle will squish out and touch the nerves. When that happens, my back goes into a complete spasm. However, the MRI also revealed that even though they were bulging, they weren't touching a nerve. So, all that being said, I still have tingly, numbing pain that goes down my right leg. What would justify the pain and the numbness and tingling that is so bad I have to take pain meds and Lyrica? The pain subsides when I am walking but comes back with a vengence when I sit down. Thank you very much in advance!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • You poor thing :( ... stop being a martyr and make that Doc fix it. This may require surgery. like a microdicsectomy? How skilled is you Ortho?? I live in CA, our W/C laws allow us the opportunity to see our Doc. or go see a W/C atty... for you options...:cool:
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.