Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I am Miserable someone help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: itsme_ashley
  • July 16, 2008
  • 01:31 AM

I have been miserable for about a year and a half. It started as syncope, fainting, sometimes upto 3 times a day. They found that it was somehow caused by tachycardia but do not know what causes that. After being put on Toprol the syncope decreased but during their test to find the cause of syncope they found two liver masses. They are afraid to do a biopsy because of the position of the masses, they are directly under my rib. They took me off of my high estrogen hormones hoping that was the cause of the masses but they have continued to grow. I now have debilitating pain in my upper right abdomen and sometimes get really bad joint pain all over. I also get skin sensitivity as if I have the flu. The sensitivity is really bad at the site of my liver. The muscles in my hands sometimes are so weak that i frequently drop things and I trip often because i feel i cant pick my left foot up. I also get very dizzy and nauseous and still have syncope episodes every now and then. I have been sent from doctor to doctor for second, third, and forth opinions. They are afraid to do anything for risk of bleeding but I cannot live in this condition anymore. I am completely miserable and am dying to know what is wrong with me! If anyone has any idea or knows of anyone that can help please let me know! Thank you for your time and consideration!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Given the diagnosis of Tachycardia and your bouts with syncope and dizziness you may want to speak with your Dr. in regards to OI (orthostatic intolerance) here are SOME of the symptoms : Excessive FatigueExercise IntoleranceRecurrent Syncope or Near SyncopeDizzinessNauseaTachycardiaPalpitationsVisual DisturbancesBlurred Vision Tunnel VisionGraying OutTremulusnessWeakness - most noticeable in the legsChest DiscomfortShortness of BreathMood SwingsMigraines and Other HeadachesGastrointestinal ProblemsPlease let me know if this was at helpful =) Best wishes =)
    aliceanna 41 Replies Flag this Response
  • If you have masses, they need to be biopsied for cancer. Do you have a bleeding disorder? I don't understand why a Dr would not refer you to a surgeon for a biopsy. Find a general surgeon and get their opinion. Maybe even find an oncologist. If the masses are getting bigger they certainly should be checked.
    jennmommi 5 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.