Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hypertonia Specialist?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: imosteve
  • March 3, 2008
  • 02:33 AM

I have posted before regarding abnormal muscle stiffness and other problems, and thankfully, someone responded with Hypertonia, which fits my symptoms exactly. Problem is, none of the doctors I have gone to have ever heard of it. Does anyone know of specific doctors that deal with this? I am located in the Washington, DC area. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Try here. Perhaps these organizations can hook you up with someone: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hypertonia/hypertonia.htm
    aquila 1,263 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?