Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

How do you request a medical test?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: traggatmot
  • January 20, 2007
  • 06:01 AM


I feel i have a lump the right side of my spinal cord, around my neck area. It is rather broad and flat, and hard to feel when someone just runs their hand/fingers over it. When examine the area, using the information/feeling derived fom my fingers combined with the feeling and pressure i feel on my spinal cord and neck, i can tell there is some kind of mass there. When my doctor examines this area, he feels a stiffness/tightness, and diagnosises it as a tight muscle. Believeing this at first I had massages, accupuncture, and chiropractic work done, but nothing has ever diffused the supposed tightness. The lump still feels like a lump to me, and now i'm getting some light pressure headaches in this region of the back of my head.

I want an MRI of the area done, even though he says its not needed. How do i get one even though he holds this opinion? I have Keystone Health plan east, if that info helsp with suggestions.


Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Try to find another doctor who thinks you need it tested. If you think there's a problem, don't let this doctor tell you it isn't a problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2007
    • 06:12 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?