I'm hoping someone here will be able to help. I have done a fair amount of googling and have not yet been able to find an answer.
I am wondering if there is a particular syndrome/disorder that is also hereditary that would fit the following symptoms.
- causes delayed development/mild to medium mental retardation,
- poor co-ordination,
- hypotonia (low muscle tone),
- limbs and fingers noticeably longer than expected for height, (out of proportion to trunk),
- lack of flexibility, arms and legs can be fully straightened but toe touching etc is impossible.
- low set ears,
- flat cheek bones,
- significantly delayed speech which remains hard to understand,
- affects both males and females
- causes no other defects, eg, skin, eyes, hearing, heart, lungs, palate, metabolism, height, head circumference are all unremarkable.
Family history is:
Generation 1 - no signs/symptoms
Generation 2 - signs/sypmtoms in 1 out of 2 offspring
Generation 3 - signs/sypmtoms in all offspring from the affected Generation 2 child/parent. Children of the unaffected Generation 2 child/parent show no signs/sypmtoms.
I'm hoping someone out there can help as I have come to a dead end so far.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?