Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

HELP UPPER back pain Not feeling like im getting enough air.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 13, 2008
  • 03:18 AM

Hi Im 22 years old and have been having pretty bad upper back pains for a couple years now. The pain is mostly in my upper right back and is usually and an annoyance pain. Also when I stand for long periods of time this pain becomes a more sharp pain and starts burning. I do have flat feet FYI. I recently just started having trouble breathing. Almost like im not getting enough air. Please if anybody has answers I would appreciate it.



Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • I would really urge you to go to your Doctor and ask for an overnight oximetry test. It is easy to order and easy to do. It will read your levels overnight and then they may suggest a sleep study and or a Cardiologist. You should also have a Pulmonary function test, all which can be ordered by a Pulmonist.Good luck and be persistant! I ended up with a very rare idiopathic disease after running around for 5 years chasing specialist! You could have two separate issues going on as well. Back spasm can actually get so bad it pulls on the ribcage and you can fell the same way.Let a doctor send you to a specialist and make sure you are very clear about how uncomfortable you are. I think we often undermine ourselves without intending to because some docs are so impatient and we don't want to be thought of a whack jobs! Just let your doctor know it is effecting your quality of life and ask for a referal. That should do it.Good luck to you!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 13, 2008
    • 01:04 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Is you spine straight (scoliosis)?
    rad-skw 1605 Replies
    • January 16, 2008
    • 01:21 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.