OK, here's the deal...I'm a 23 year old female. I felt myself to be in generally good shape and health prior to all this. I'm 5'5", 135 pounds. I've been suffering the following symptoms...
- Low grade fever (99-100), usually at night, approximately 3-4 days out of the week.
- Left sided abdominal pain, generally running along the whole side of the abdomen, several times per week, usually at night. I have had CTs and Ultrasounds which were grossly normal save a few lymph nodes. Also had a HIDA scan which showed "sludge" in my gallbladder, but no stones. Doctor's said that they would not take it out because the ejection fraction was not low enough.
- Night sweats to the point that I have to change clothing in the middle of the night. I've tried hot and cold showers before bed, not drinking anything warm before bed, windows open and closed, fans on and off, less and more blankets, nothing helps. I have had numerous blood tests and they all seem to come back just a little bit abnormal. My LH and FSH are extremely low (less than 0.1). My CRP and Sed rate are intermittently high, IGG and EBV were positive that I had had it at one time, but unable to tell if I have it currently. The doctors have thrown these to the side saying this is just normal for me.
- Coldness, numbness and pain in hands and feet ( I was diagnosed with Raynaud's when I was 15).
- Hypertension (I was diagnosed with this also when I was 15 and put on medication for it...after about a year, my Blood pressure went back to normal and I was allowed to come off of the medication. About a year ago with a routine check, my blood pressure was 160/115 so I was put back on medication for this)
- Palpitations. I wore a 30 day holter monitor which showed numerous PVCs and bigeminy with a couple episodes of trigeminy. Also my pulse was shown to be in the 160s at some point in about 1/2 the days I wore the monitor
- A new heart murmur (unknown type or grade). I did an echocardiogram which came back normal.
- Shortness of breath and chest pressure (this has only been going on about a month) accompanied with oxygen saturations averaging about 90%. I had PFTs done which showed both obstructive and restrictive lung disease. The thing is, my oxygen has always been at 100% ( I work at a clinic and check my vitals every 2 weeks to monitor my Blood pressure). Also a chest x-ray showed moderate inflammation in my lungs.
- 2 large lymph nodes in my neck that are not changing (getting bigger OR smaller). I've had a bone marrow biopsy which came back normal, so they said lymphoma could be ruled out.
- Edema in both hands and feet. This is also new within the past 2 months. I have a very low salt intake, hoping I will be able to bring my blood pressure down naturally, so i don't think that's the problem.
- Dizziness. Worse when i move at all, better if I hold on to something and close my eyes.
- Skin sensitivity. I get all over rashes with any kind of heat or coldness. Every night getting out of the shower I have a red blotchy rash covering my body, also with any sunlight, or cold exposure...(could Raynaud's effect all over body??)
- Here's some personal and family history (sorry this is so long, but i want all the information there in case it will jar ANYONE to think of what this could be)
-Father - melanoma, grandpa - gum cancer, grandma - lung cancer, grandma - lupus and ovarian cancer, mom's entire side - htn,
- Also I have chronically abnormal pap smears (since 15I have only had 3 normal pap smears). They show up as CIN 1-2 usually. I have had numerous colposcopys and one LEEP.
Ugh, can someone PLEASE help me, I'm getting desperate!!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?