Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

help me understanding my disease,doctors say it can be arthritis?but there r no evide

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: saarika
  • November 27, 2007
  • 04:30 PM

im 29yrs old female.almost 18 yrs back i had an accident,in which i fractured my left leg(tibia,fibula).got plaster for few months then reovered.sice 8yrs im now using an extra padding/sole for my left shoe as i felt there was a kind of tilt around my pelvis.doctors after examing said i had shortening,and keeping an extra sole is the best solution.i dont have problems in walking distances.but my concerns are:-
1.can i get shoulder pains because of my leg problem?
2.i have had my MRI DONE,OF MY ENTIRE SPINE,it shows disc hdeneration at C3-C4,C5-C6,C6-C7.
4.I Got operated last year for my C5-C6.as it became terrible for me to live with that pain..i was almost immovable..on my right upper body had unbearable pain.i got a BRYAN DISC fitted in my neck.
5. i though feel better after that but my other pains are as they were.kindly help me getting rid of these pain.
6 i countiniously get pain in my both shoulders,which start somewhere from upper middle back and comes till front of my chest.. right side is worse.
i understand changes in my lower back is due to shortening and coz of not using extra sole.. but why are there changes in my upper neck ?
and why i have pain in neck and back and shoulders?
my pain is so terrible that i cannt sleep on my right side..
please please help.
i have taken physiotherapy.doesnt help anymore.
im advised to have tab. naproxen,gabapentin and methylcobalamin.
im on these medicines past an year..
i dont want to be on medicines always please suggest a permanent cure.
i want to know what disease do i have?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • The spinal bones all work together. After injury when some can't move right, other bones get looser or tighter, along with the muscles connected to those bones. The mid back pain that comes around to the front of the chest is probably due to some of your ribs being "stuck" and not moving correctly. I suggest finding a good doctor of chiropractic and having him or her adjust your spine, pelvis and neck. Of course, they should not adjust the area of the neck that had the surgery. Ask many friends and relatives who they go to in your area, then visit the doc and see if it feels right to be treated. I am a DC and have had many people with ribs stuck have pain like you do in your chest.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 28, 2007
    • 00:15 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • dear,yeah,probably you can be right..as that because of the injury by bones can be stiff or stuck.how can i reach u for my treatment?im in india and here we dont have a chiropratic. and i realy want to get rid of this pain.
    saarika 1 Replies
    • November 29, 2007
    • 01:07 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.