Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

HELP ME!!! Lower right groin pain!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: jennbob
  • November 13, 2011
  • 10:50 PM

Almost a year ago I posted the following thread and have received no answer from Specialist nor on here. I have had numerous test since the previous post and I have been given no DIAGNOSIS and I am still in PAIN DAILY!!

Words can not express how much I am in pain constantly everyday of my life. I am 42 years old and have had the exact pain since I was 18 y/o. The pain is in my right groin area and radiates into my right lower back and down my right leg. I have complained of this pain since I was 18 years old and so I went to my primary physician and the first thing he said was that it was an inguinal hernia. He sent me to a surgeon in which the surgeon did surgery for a right inguinal hernia. After coming out of anesthesia, the surgeon came into my room and advise me that there was no hernia. He stated that with females that it is harder to diagnose inguinal hernias in females. So, after this the pain continued and I continued to suffer with great pain. The next step was to see my gynecologist. I went to see him and he diagnosed me with endometriosis. He stated that he needed to do a laparoscopy and he did. He told me that I indeed had endometriosis and he scrapped as much as he could. After the surgery, I continued to have the exact same pain. My gynecologist put me on Tylenol #3 for the pain. I continued to call and make appointments again for the exact same pain. During the course of me seeing him, I underwent a total of 3 laps to have him scrape endometriosis. After continuing to have pain, he stated that the only thing that could be done was to go ahead and have my right ovary removed. So, I went into surgery and had a right oopherectomy. During the course of the next several years of my pain and ruling out female problems, it was directed that I had to see a gastroenterologist. So I did. I had multiple procedures to detected what was wrong. I can't remember all of them but I do remember drinking barium and them taking x-rays to rule out any probs. To no avail, they ruled out no gastro probs. Years go by with having the same pain. Then the pain came back with a vengeance and went back to the doctor and my primary care doctor referred me back to a gynecologist and he ran test and told me that I was in need of a full abdominal hysterectomy. This was done with hopes that this was the answer. There would not be any gynecological reasons for the pain. At times, the pain would subside and I would go for months with being pain free. Now, when I turned 40, the pain came back yet again with a vengeance. This time I was advised by my yet again, primary care physician to see a Chiropractor thinking that it could be muscular or a herniated disc. I did see a chiro for a few months which only intensified and at this time I was once again referred to a specialist. I was referred to a spinal doctor and at this time, multiple procedures were performed and multiple testing was done. I underwent a total of 12 steroidal injections within a years time and also underwent 2 rhizotomies. Words can not express how frustrated I am. What on earth could be left to hurt to this degree?!?!?! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Is the pain worse when standing? Could it be a vascular problem? Have you been evaluated by a good vascular surgeon? There is a condition called May-Thurner Syndrome. It is usually on the left side, but in rare cases it is seen on the right. Look it up and see what you think. Let me know if you need more info!Good luck!
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • November 24, 2011
    • 05:09 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.