Okay. I would greatly appreciate any help deciphering these symptoms and test results. Please, any help you can give is very much appreciated (but Blaze, please take this seriously). I apologize for the length, I wanted to include everything.
I'm a 32 year old female, 125lbs and 5'6"
1. Joint Pain-- chronic since childhood. Commonly effects knees and shoulders, hips too. Gets very severe at times. Worse in mornings. Not usually accompanied by swelling, but sometimes. Joints hot to the touch. Does interfere with normal movement. All joints pop, including the hip.
2. Muscular pain, systemic. partially relieved with weekly massage and trigger point therapy, stretching.
3. Hair-- has recently coming out more. I don't have any bald spots or anything, but it comes out in clumps especially when wet. Also, a few facial hairs, dark black and coarse (on chin)--come back in the same spots when plucked. Also very weak, brittle, thin nails that do not grow easily.
4. Generalized Fatigue-- does not matter how much I sleep, I'm always fighting for energy. Diet does not seem to affect this.
5. Anxiety and Depression-- chronic MDD lasting 20+ years. I have been depression-free since Aug 07, mostly anxiety-free as well. Do not feel anxious about my health, more social situations.
6. Very Flexible-- I'm 32 and can still do splits easily, my shoulders have extreme ROM as do my hips and wrists.
7. Very Dry Eyes-- cannot wear contacts for more than a few hours, recently (last year) developed astigmatism. Lately it feels sometimes as if my eyes 'flutter' in their sockets, usually when I am trying to focus on something there is this weird sensation of 'fluttering'; it's difficult to describe, but very brief. Drops don't help.
8. Dry Mouth-- I constantly have to have something to drink
9. Intolerance to hot or cold-- I can never seem to regulate my temperature. Always more cold than others, even in a heated room. If it's really hot outside, cannot seem to cool, become very flushed, heat rashes, lethargy. Actual body temp when tested is usually low @ 97.0 F
10. Seizures in past-- more than 7 years ago, I had a succession of Grand Mal seizures, about 4-5 of them over a two year period.
11. Chronic basilar migraine-- diagnosed in 1993 following an occipital bone fracture.
12. Commonly feel faint when standing from a seated position. Do not actually 'black-out', but vision clouds very darkly and it feels like the room is spinning. I have to sit back down until I regain normal parameters.
13. Fingers and hand turn stark-white upon compression or cold.
14. Weight Gain-- gained 10 pounds since Thanksgiving. I attributed the gain to the holiday's, but it is still present. My diet is good and I exercise regularly. I was 115lbs for 7 years, all of a sudden I'm 125lbs.
15. Sense of smell absent....well, it must be a Very strong odor. My sense of taste is also not as good as other, but better than my smell.
16. Chronic insomnia--since childhood. Very deep sleeper once asleep--nothing wakes me up.
17. Granuloma Annulare-- on dorsal feet 3 yrs)and now hands. (new)
18. IBS-- diarrhea predominant.
19. Chronic and worsening memory, even when actively trying to remember. Have trouble with both long-term and short-term memory. Difficult to form new memories and I seem to be loosing the old ones.
20. Difficulty Concentrating-- I have read even the most difficult novels, yet now cannot seem to concentrate on even the easiest read. Mind wanders and looses track, even when actively trying to concentrate. Always done very well in school (top 2 percentile), high IQ.
Family history and lifestyle:
Been previously diagnosed as both CFS and FMS, but I don't believe I have either. Same doc diagnosed both when he couldn't come up with anything else--told me it was a 'bucket' diagnosis. I now have a new GP. I have a history of marijuana and LSD use, but that was long ago (it's been years since either, especially the LSD). I also used to smoke cigarettes, now free of them. Do not drink regularly- a single glass of wine with dinner occasionally.
Father had Guillain-Barre. Grandfather history of cardiac issues-- CHF, 3 triple-bypass surgeries. Both brother and father have esophageal reflux and strictures. Both grandfathers had prostate cancer. Grandmother has arthritis (RH). Mother, now deceased, had Multiple Sclerosis and lung cancer. Mother was adopted, no family history on that side.
I am very, very fair-skinned, almost translucent. I burn easily.
I am a very active person ordinarily. The joint pain does affect this, but I can usually run several miles at a time several times a week. Practice yoga and meditation regularly. I have always had a healthy diet, rich in 'real', non-processed food. I was a practicing vegetarian for almost two decades, but I was very careful about balancing proteins. I eat meat now, but in moderation. Fish is a diet staple to me.
No history of allergies--tested negative for all but a very small subcutaneous reaction to red meat and chocolate.
RA Factor-- 10.00IU/mL (0.0-13.9) normal
Sed Rate Erythrocyte-- 20 (0-23) normal
TSH-- 1.24 (0.32-5.00) normal
Uric Acid Blood-- 3.1mg/dl (2.1-7.4) normal
ANA-- 116 AU/mL (0-99) HIGH
I have previously had normal CBC and Chem Panels, but have not had one recently. Normal cholesterol. Normal HR and BP (70, 110/80). Normal glucose.
Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? I am being sent to a rhumatologist. Any ideas for questions or test that I should ask about?
Please, I want to know what, if anything, is wrong, why I feel so crummy no matter what I do. Any help is appreciated. I have no idea if my symptoms are connected, but I wanted to be thorough just in case.
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?