For the past month I have had daily (and often multiple times a day) symptoms that are worsening:
1. Lightheaded feeling, usually when standing but not always; doesn't have to be with movement. Passes in 10-30 minutes. Frequent. One episode of vertigo.
2. Ear pressure, began 2 weeks ago. Usually left side but occasionally right. Comes and goes but becoming a constant in the left side.
3. Sinus pressure (no discharge)--Comes and goes for the past month. Affects vision (blurry) at times.
4. Nerve tingling on left side of face (cheek, mouth, tongue, neck)-3 episodes, last was within 24 hours.
5. Head pain on left side, lower back of head--several times in first week.
5. Episode of throat tightening, tongue thickening which passed after removal of a medical patch Rx. Some difficulty breathing (sense I had to force myself to exhale) for 2 days thereafter.
6. Cold chills in back, chest, arms-started last night. Fluctuates in severity. No fever. General sense of being ill.
I am a stable type 1 diabetic (21 years) who is 56 years old, female.
Tests taken have ruled out diabetes, hypoglycemia or hypertension as the cause.
I've had blood work, a CAT scan, and everything is normal, but I KNOW I am not.
I KNOW that I am sick and getting sicker and am frightened. I can tell my providers are baffled and just go for the easiest answer (mddle ear or allergy). I;ve never had either before. They can't understand the facial nerve problem.
I feel I am going to be allowed to get sicker and sicker without treatment until it is too late.
This is not psychosomatic!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?