Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Groin Area Rash

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: NYOGRUV
  • March 4, 2008
  • 07:17 AM

I have had a groin rash for over a year. I thought it was just jock itch and so I got the over the counter creams and so on from time to time and the itching subsided and basically went away. But a darker discoloration has remained in the area and today the skin is quite dry. The itch comes and goes as well. I'm 39 and my libido has also slowed to a crawl. Not sure if that is a related symptom or not.

My question is "What the ***l is this?!!" and "How do I get rid of this discoloration?" am I now stuck with it?

Umm... help

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • I have no answer for you but I have the same thing.I am a female.Know it can't be an STD.I also have a hard knot on upoper side on inside thy.My rash isnt red its kinds white and very itchy.I use lotion and have used over the counter creams nothing helps.If you find out what it is let me know please.I can't go to a doc.No insurance.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Herpes...get a blood test for herpes 2..
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Herpes...get a blood test for herpes 2..I havent had sex for 13 years how can it be herpies?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It could have been dormat all these years. Half the people who have it don't know they have it--no symptoms. I'd rather know for sure and then if it's not it, it might be yeast or something less threatening--some type of fungus that left skin discoloration. It can look like jock itch or insect bites and some doctors will blow it off, but they cannot know for sure without the blood test. I think you need to get a good check up. You are way too young to have given up on sex. I think you need to get your thyroid checked, along with other hormone levels, and a cancer screening. You are too young, unless you are happy being celibate due to religious beliefs.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • It could be psoriasis. But really folks, you should see your family doctor. Having this condition for a year, you need to see a doctor, stop treating yourself because it's not helping. No insurance, doctors often give discounts for cash patients, and many cities have clinics that have a sliding pay schedule depending on your income. You need to go, no excuses.
    Beth56 272 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.