Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Genital Infection

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 4, 2007
  • 03:27 AM

Me and my wife were being intimate when she went dry. After we were finsihed, I noticed I had a cut on my penis. It healed, but I still have been having problems at times with redness coming back to that area. I have went to the doctor and they tested me for sexual diseases, but the tests came back negative. I'm considering going to another doctor but wanted to get others insight. It seems that there might be an infection under the skin that was healed over. Any insight would be very helpful.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • If the problem is on the skin and turns red (is there a tiny blister there?) and it keeps returning, it could be genital herpes. See if you can get a script forValtrex, Zovirax or Famvir...If it stops coming back after taking the meds...you'll know. Good Luck! PEACE
    remedy13 24 Replies
    • January 4, 2007
    • 05:30 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like Herpes. Doctors can't diagnose without the irritation present. Did you go to the doctors when it was present? Herpes is so ever changing even the doctors can't keep up. I agree with the other person's advice.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 5, 2007
    • 04:16 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.