Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Ganglion Cyst

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 30, 2008
  • 01:14 PM

I have been to my GP twice and he both splinted and gave me anti-inflamitories (which made my dizzy and naucious) and it's still very painful after a couple of weeks of this "theropy". My GP doesn't do "invastive treatment" for these cysts. Any suggestions of which direction of a specialist to go to. It's on the inside of my left wrist and very painful.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • That's too bad; he doesn't have to live with it. You need a surgeon; you can see if there is a hand surgeon near you or a general surgeon or an orthopaedic & sports medicine surgeon. I had a ganglion years ago and could not do anything with my left hand. Since surgery, it has been totally fine and never returned.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • August 31, 2008
    • 06:44 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • somtime it needs to be injected corticostroid drugs in that area and be under pressure for some days
    golnaz 9 Replies
    • September 2, 2008
    • 09:54 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.