I'm a twenty three year old male and I have all problems and no solutions.
Ive been to see several doctors, but few seem really very interested in finding out what is wrong with me, and why my symptoms are accelerating.
I have a healthy diet, and despite my problems I still exercise . I smoke marijuana semi-regularly (1-2 times a week); I find that it alleviates the pain in my joints; I drink alcohol in larger quantities about once a month (more than 8 drinks); mostly I will just have a glass of wine with dinner.
I've had chlamidia once, but was treated for it. My family has a history of Chron's and other IBD, as well as rheumatoid arthritis. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (the course of which was determined by pressing thumbs on various parts of my body).
I'll list my symptoms here, in the hopes that someone can give me some ideas:
- persistent (over several months), but sporadic diarrhea - sometimes excrutiatingly painful, but never bloody (some blood has appeared on toilet paper however).
- chronic fatigue (over the course of several years, probably two)
- chronic joint and muscle pain (I used to be a marathon runner, but last year I wasn't even able to walk, the pain was so unbearable. I had to use crutches for three months. Sometimes I have very painful muscle spasms in my legs as well, which can reduce me to tears.)
- Depression, euphoria (the highs and lows are not intense enough to be classified as bipolar ) I was on mood stabilizers which only reduced my quality of life, so I just deal with it by knowing it has nothing to do with my life being bad, but with something wrong in my head (the power of rationalization).
- impulsiveness - I have done some out of character things, especially after drinking (fights, promiscuity, etc), but these urges often occur from day to day, they are just easier to suppress.
- skin rashes (molluscum, which was treated two years ago, regular ringworm infections and now I have tiny red bumps that appear randomly all over my body - on my chest, arms, legs, etc. They are few and seem to come and go, but I've had them for some time and they itch. My doctors have dismissed them, but I'm pretty sure having a permanent rash isn't normal.
- itching in genital area (it only happens every once in a while - once or twice a week, but the itching doesn't feel like normal itching, it persists even after adjustments and scratching - sorry for the mental image).
- poor immune system
- I get pink eye, the flu, colds, pretty much anything and everything I come in contact with. As a teen I had strep yearly. (My sister gets strep every month. She also has a large range of 'undiagnosable' symptoms)
- I get white skin lines in my mouth (not on my gums) - they are dead skin, and often come off - they are intensified by high acid food and drinks as well as alcohol, so I avoid mouthwashes and other abrasive materials. I haven't had them again for a while.
I've been struggling with these problems as they have gotten worse. I had to drop out of University in my third year just to deal with them. But what concerns me is that in my first year, I didn't have any of them.
The doctors I have seen have told me I have fibro, ADD, and some minor form of bipolar disorder. They told me the treatment is diet and exercise, but these don't seem to buffer my physical symptoms.
Please help so I can get back to accomplishing something with my life.
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?