Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.


Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: lousrocks
  • November 12, 2008
  • 00:26 AM

Whenever I am embarrassed/nervous, the center of attention, giving a speech, or drinking alcohol, my face/neck get flushed and heated. Is there anything I can do?? It goes away after the event is over, but it's VERY embarrassing as everyone calls attention to it and makes it worse!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Look up information about rosacea and see if you think it applies to you. Facial flushing and redness are symptoms of rosacea among other things. Then visit your primary care doctor which should proceed to a subsequent visit to a dermatologist. Many doctors are not well informed about rosacea so choose the dermatologist carefully. You also may undergo some skin testing for sensitivity to various substance found in common skin products.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 17, 2008
    • 05:12 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.