I am a 21 year old male who has been struggling with my health since about December of 2008. Since this point, my symptoms have been gradually been getting worse. My symptoms are as follows:
- I get a sore throat every morning- often goes within first half hour of waking, but sometimes continues for longer throughout the day.
- Fatigue/Weakness- often have sore, aching muscles and joints. Most commonly on legs, but can be all over.
o I often wake with aching muscles. Rest doesn’t tend to make them feel better.
o I don’t have any energy to do anything sometimes- will often need to sit down and rest lots.
- Sometimes suffer from light-headedness, dizziness, and often feel ‘not with it’.
- Physical activity can make me feel exhausted. For example, standing too long, walking around too much, even taking a shower and lifting heavy objects.
- I need to constantly take things easy, not physically push myself.
- Symptoms may occur more seriously at times of stress? I’m not 100% about this, but I’m on holidays at the moment, and I have felt slightly better for this time.
- I have needed to cut back work, and make sure I relax more.
- Symptoms seem reasonably cyclical- I seem to have good days, and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks, as well as even good hours and bad hours.
In terms of medical experience, I had glandular fever in October/November of 2007. The symptoms are similar to what I experienced then, but apparently I don't have glandular fever any more.I have no known allergies, and am not obese, and live a generally healthy lifestyle.
I have been to a doctor and physician, with very little successful results. I have had the following testing:
Numerous blood tests, indicating normal results overall from physician (no concerns whatsoever). These tests were generally testing for diseases such as Ross River Virus, etc.
Earlier tests indicated high white blood cell count, and slightly high protein count (?), but these results weren’t dreadful, and apparently simply indicated that I was ‘sick’.
CT Scan to check sinuses, with no issues.
24 Urine test- results still coming.
I had Low Blood Pressure at one stage (tested when feeling particularly unwell)- this was retested on another day when feeling better, and results were acceptable apparently.
I intend to visit a naturopath soon, just to get a different perspective.
If someone could give me some suggestions of what it might be, or what I can do about it, that would be fantastic. Life has been rather difficult this year, balancing my health, studies, part time work, etc. I'm struggling, and need some help. Thanks for your responses!