Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Erb'sPaulsy in Adults

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 5, 2007
  • 07:01 AM


I'm 33 yr old female. In the last year or so, have noticed that my smile has started to lean over to the right side of my face. I popped into the doctors today for an unrelated matter. There, she advised me that yes, the right side of my face had indeed increased its crookedness. She advised me that i may have what is called "Erb's Paulsy."

I've searched the net and can't really find anything related to getting it in adulthood. Does anybody know one would obtain Erbs Palsy, symtoms, how it is treated (if any) or what the long term effets are?

Any confirmed advise would be great.


Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I believe that you did not hear the doctor correctly. You were probably told that you have Bell's palsy. Bells palsy affects the facial nerve. Erb's palsy affects the arm of newborn babies due to a stretch injury.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • October 10, 2007
    • 04:27 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.