Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

embarrassing tremor

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: ojimba
  • September 21, 2007
  • 11:42 PM

:confused: :confused: i am a boy of 25 + yrs old i got involved into drugs at age 17 to be precise (marijuana) and i am a heavy user,sometimes in 2001 i had some problems in school which made me depressed then i started noticing that am nervous which i never took serious cos i still take the **** but later i got disturbed because of the shame it causes me so i started avoiding people cos my head particularly shakes a lot which i don't have control over.this made me to have 2 extra years in the university cos i avoid classes due to my condition, i've seen many doctors here in Nigeria but to no avail.presently i"ve stoped taking the stuff and am getting relieved but i still experience it and i don"t take any drugs i mean medications.i"ve taken enough tranquillizing drugs in the past which had no effect. i just want you to please in god"s name give me a solid advice that i can take and make me a free man from tremor. i will be glad if my request is granted God bless you abundantly. thank you................:confused: :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Medicines called beta-blockers atenolol (Tenormin), propranolol (Inderal), and others are the most effective treatments. They usually improve the tremor so that it does not interfere with normal activities. In some people, the tremor disappears completely. You need to keep taking the medication or else the tremor will return. Some doctors also prescribe the antiseizure drug primidone (Myidone, Mysoline) or the medicines lorazepam (Ativan) or alprazolam (Xanax). Many people find that drinking small amounts of alcohol temporarily relieves tremor, but you should avoid heavy drinking.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • September 29, 2007
    • 04:31 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.