Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

embarrassing But...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: imactheknife
  • April 10, 2007
  • 03:56 PM

I have been getting a rash in my butt area for like 2 weeks. I tried Penetan cream and Gold bond. Sometimes it is not as bad as others but sometimes it burns and cream doesn't help. I am 33 and straight. My Girlfriend says it is red and bumpy looking and sore looking....any ideas? I really don't want to go to the doctor Butt, should I?

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

  • If the over-the-counter creams aren't working you should go see your doc. Have you tried corn starch? It could be that you have diaper rash (sorry) and you just need to dry out that area.Good luck and God Speed
    emsbabydoll 73 Replies Flag this Response
  • I agree, sounds like a heat rash or chaffing... try the cornstarch. Not baby powder with cornstarch... cooking cornstarch, from the grocery store... same isle as flour and sugar. Good luck with your cheeks! ;-)
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If it isn't clearing up and is itchy or open sores, it could be fungal, and you need an anti-fungal cream (I'm not sure if athlete's foot creams would work or be safe in that area) or it won't heal. If it's not itchy or burning or anything, it could just be ingrown hairs.
    deadlysauce 67 Replies Flag this Response
  • Don't be embarassed about going to a doctor. They've seen butts before.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • thanks for the reply I will try the corn starch and see how that goes....WEEE...:rolleyes:
    imactheknife 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • You should see a doc, it might be a fungus. I had one on my leg, it was nasty and can spread. You need a prescription for the cream to get rid of it.
    crabbycosmo 21 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.